most entertaining draft flubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• most entertaining draft flubs

I'm in two leagues this year, one a work league for a fairly trivial amount of money and another for $100 a person, which I'm pretty sure is a relevant amount to all of us.

In my work league, one guy's round 2 pick was the Packers defense.

In the other league...

10 teams, two of which were completely terrible. This league uses a lot of players – 2 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 8 bench. One of the teams didn’t come with any prep materials other than his phone and started his draft with Peyton Manning, then Eli Manning, then Frank Gore, then Fabian Washington (who is a defensive back); when told he couldn’t take a defensive player, he switched to Randy Moss. We didn’t let him do that either. He ended up taking Crabtree. He later got the Niners defense in the 11th round (and the Ravens to back them up in the 17th) and Tebow in the 15th.

Today, he cut one of his backup tight ends for Kerry Collins and then, with the only other available starting QBs being Grossman and McCown, he cut Tebow for... Terrelle Pryor.

Good times.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Had an auction yesterday in a new league and I think there were a few newbies in there. One guy accidentally bid $185 for Aaron Rodgers in one of the early rounds. Then another one bid up Hines Ward to around $55 because he really "wanted him". At least it got a little bit better after that.

Comment

this goes back a number of years, but in my main league we used to have the draft in-person. We used to have a bunch of dolts in the league (until I systematically booted them out), and most of the guys drafted using magazines.

This one guy is up in the 1st round and says "I want George." While we all thought he wanted Eddie George, you never knew with this guy and he may have wanted Jeff George, who was not considered a 1st rounder. So a few uneasy seconds go by, and I ask "which one??" So he says "Uhhhh.....Jeff." A couple of people in the room snickered, and another owner says "Are you sure??" And he kinda looks around at us and says, kind of unsure, "uhhhhh, I mean Eddie."

Yikes. How do you not know who your first rounder's name is??

Comment

Someone picked Ryan Williams -- in my redraft league.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
        X