Rumor Peyton Manning to have another surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor Peyton Manning to have another surgery

ummm...wow. Maybe a week too late for fantasy football owner's sake.

Comment

Wowza

Comment

Makes the contract they gave Kerry Collins a lot more reasonable.
        "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

The guy in my league who took Manning (3rd round) also has Cassel (cracked rib) as his back-up.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

ESPN is saying he's just being re-evaluated. No surgery is planned at this point.

Comment

Local radio host in Indy saying Manning had a another surgery on Sunday and is done for the season per @injuryexpert

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                Local radio host in Indy saying Manning had a another surgery on Sunday and is done for the season per @injuryexpert
                Wow.

"WDNE-AM in Indianapolis is reporting that Colts QB Peyton Manning has undergone another surgical procedure on his neck and is in danger of missing the season. This is the second radio report from Indianapolis in less than a week that has suggested that Manning will not play in 2011. Manning has been ruled out for Week 1 at Houston already as he has not rehabbed quickly enough from neck surgery in May. "It will be tough not to be out there playing for the organization and our fans," Manning said regarding missing Week 1, per ESPN. "I simply am not healthy enough to play."

Comment

OK Kerry Collins is starting week 1. I'll give Freeman a week off from Detroit's pass rush.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Wow.

"WDNE-AM in Indianapolis is reporting that Colts QB Peyton Manning has undergone another surgical procedure on his neck and is in danger of missing the season. This is the second radio report from Indianapolis in less than a week that has suggested that Manning will not play in 2011. Manning has been ruled out for Week 1 at Houston already as he has not rehabbed quickly enough from neck surgery in May. "It will be tough not to be out there playing for the organization and our fans," Manning said regarding missing Week 1, per ESPN. "I simply am not healthy enough to play."
                    Colts still being vague, not committing either way on whether he will play this year, but also denying that he already had a third surgery.

He went in the 8th round of my draft tonight.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                      Colts still being vague, not committing either way on whether he will play this year, but also denying that he already had a third surgery.

He went in the 8th round of my draft tonight.
                      Colts owner Jim Irsay tweeted Thursday morning that Peyton Manning (neck) will be out for "awhile."
                      Irsay isn't breaking news, it's just more confirmation that Manning is in jeopardy of missing significant time. While rumors of Manning being out for the season haven't been confirmed, Colts coaches have been told to "prepare the players for life without their star," according to CBS Sports' Mike Freeman. Late Wednesday, Irsay promised an official update on Manning's status "soon."
                      Source: Jim Irsay on Twitter Sep 8 - 9:09 AM

Comment

Mort reported he had the procedure and 2-3 month recovery. No word yet if he goes on IR.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                          Mort reported he had the procedure and 2-3 month recovery. No word yet if he goes on IR.
                          ya gotta think the Colts won't allow Manning's career to be ruined by coming back too soon. He's probably done for the year.

Comment

Working...
                          X