10-team deep league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-team deep league

10 teams, two of which were completely terrible. This league uses a lot of players – 2 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 8 bench. One of the teams didn’t come with any prep materials other than his phone and started his draft with Peyton Manning, then Eli Manning, then Frank Gore, then Fabian Washington (who is a defensive back); when told he couldn’t take a defensive player, he switched to Randy Moss. (We didn’t let him do that either.). He ended up taking Crabtree. He later got the Niners defense in the 11th round (and the Ravens to back them up in the 17th) and Tebow in the 15th. The other depressing team took tight ends in rounds 4, 9, and 19.

Only scoring oddities in the league are PPR and 6 points for QB passing TDs. Quarterbacks were way overvalued, I think; most teams had both of their starting QBs by the end of the fourth round. I decided that the deals I was getting on other players were way too good and figured that I could just get a lot of chumpy QBs and play matchups since QB numbers are probably the most affected by opponent… that’ll work, right?

The only guys that slipped way farther than expected (imho) were McFadden (in the sixth round), Cedric Benson (ninth), and Shonn Greene (tenth). Note that Tim Hightower went right before Benson and Greene and guys like Tomlinson and Marion Barber (who’s backing up Forte) went in the sixth.

Results are at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FVYXc&hl=en_US

- Mike
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

you lost me at Fabian Washington. Is that a friend of his? I'm not sure how even in an IDP league a Fabian Washington gets drafted.

Heck, I'm not sure how Fabian Washington gets drafted in a cornerback-only league.

Comment

It was pretty amazing. My 10-team work league tried to compete with that for ridiculousness but the best that league could do was a round 2, pick 7 Packers defense (from someone who as far as I know isn't specifically a Packers fan and wasn't autodrafting).
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
      X