12 teams, no ppr, standard scoring.

QB- Stafford, Flacco
    RB- MJD, B.Wells, R. Mathews, J. Addai, Spiller, Hardesty
    WR- Fitzgerald, D. Bryant, A. Collie, Meachem, Antonio Brown
    TE- A. Hernandez
    K- Henery
    D- SF

hmmmm......

QBs -- I like Stafford, but both these QBs should have been available late, so I'm wondering why the rest of your team isn't kick ass.
    RBs -- MJD is fine but has knee issues, and the rest are pot luck. Wells & Mathews could be good, or they could both stink. Addai and Spiller are kind of unusable until further notice.
    WRs -- Fitz is great, Dez has potential, and Collie, if healthy should be solid, but in a PPR he takes a big value hit. Meachem is hit or miss, and I honestly have no idea who Antonio Brown is.
    TE -- Hernandez's real value is in PPR leagues since Gronkowski is the TD scorer at the position. I'm not sure he's a starter in a 12-tm, 1 TE league.
    D/ST -- I don't see the Niners are being a quality starting fantasy D/ST.

I think you need a LOT of things to break your way to have a title-caliber squad, sorry.

Comment

For a 12-team league, I think that this is a good squad. I like both Wells and Mathews, and only one needs to hit pay-dirt. Fitz and Dez are a nice 1-2 at WR. Collie is a wild card. If healthy, he'll be nice. I think that this is (finally) the year that Meachem breaks out. Brown is a lottery ticket who looks very worthy of a late pick.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        hmmmm......

QBs -- I like Stafford, but both these QBs should have been available late, so I'm wondering why the rest of your team isn't kick ass.
        RBs -- MJD is fine but has knee issues, and the rest are pot luck. Wells & Mathews could be good, or they could both stink. Addai and Spiller are kind of unusable until further notice.
        WRs -- Fitz is great, Dez has potential, and Collie, if healthy should be solid, but in a PPR he takes a big value hit. Meachem is hit or miss, and I honestly have no idea who Antonio Brown is.
        TE -- Hernandez's real value is in PPR leagues since Gronkowski is the TD scorer at the position. I'm not sure he's a starter in a 12-tm, 1 TE league.
        D/ST -- I don't see the Niners are being a quality starting fantasy D/ST.

I think you need a LOT of things to break your way to have a title-caliber squad, sorry.
        Agree with almost all of this. I think Stafford can be a QB1 (and we've seen his ADP creeping that way) but he comes with such huge question marks about ability to stay healthy that's a pretty big gamble. The RB, Revo's analysis is spot on. I disagree that Addai is unusable but in a shallow non-PPR it's close and outside of MJD (who has major health issues) you have a lot of lottery tickets. The WR are solid but in a non-PPR you might have erred too far toward WR over RB.

Overall I agree, you need some work here.

Comment

I'm a huge Stafford guy, and have him ranked alongside Schaub/Roethlisberger/Ryan, so that may provide some insight into why I took him a little early as my QB1. In a 12 teamer, there were 11 guys I was confident in as my QB1, and 10 of those guys were off the board so I was forced to take Stafford a little early but I was still pleased as to where I got him. Flacco is a pretty solid QB2 in case of another Stafford injury.

I neglected to mention we have a FLEX position in the league, which is currently occupied by Addai or Mathews.

As for my RB, I took Dez Bryant in Round 3 and Beanie Wells 5 picks later. It's quite possible I could have taken Hillis in Round 3 and Bryant in Round 4, but I have Bryant pegged as an absolute monster this year and I wasn't willing to take a chance on not getting him.

I am high on Wells too, so hopefully he can stay healthy and productive this year.

Mike Tolbert went off the board 15 picks before Mathews, which boggled my mind. Mathews has become a real value pick in drafts, especially with all the "experts" hating on him.

I also got some good lottery tickets in Hardesty (my team name is Hardesty Wreck Shin) and Spiller, who was rumoured to be the starter as recent as two weeks ago.

I love my WR. Fitzy should be one of, if not the best WR in the game, Bryant and Collie are TD machines, and I like Meachem this year, especially in the case of a Colston injury. Not crazy about my WR depth in case of another concussion for Collie, but hopefully I'll be able to come across some hidden gold.

Thanks for the responses guys. Fantasy football is a crapshoot a lot of the time, so I just tried to draft as much talent as possible and hope it comes out sparkling in the end.

Comment

my thoughts

QB- Stafford, Flacco- You waited here and thats fine but these 2 guys are going to make you regret trying to guess who the better start is each week. Solid duo.
            RB- MJD, B.Wells, R. Mathews, J. Addai, Spiller, Hardesty I dont like this group at all. MJD is scaring me. Mathews has showed nothing and is in a time share. Beanie could surprise. Addai is fine as your RB4.
            WR- Fitzgerald, D. Bryant, A. Collie, Meachem, Antonio Brown This is a good group but not great. Bryant will be good but theres a lot of mouths to feed and he is the third passing option.
            TE- A. Hernandez Dont like this pick at all. I dont think he is top 12.
            K- Henery
            D- SF Not a top 12 defense

I see this as a very average team with no standouts besides Fitz. I wish you luck but I think you have a lot of work to do.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I think your WRs are going to be huge, but you have a lot of question marks elsewhere. You need MJD to stay healthy and play up to past form and at least one of Wells and Mathews to put it together. Seems like a middle-of-the-pack team with upside to be a contender if everything breaks right.

Comment

Working...
              X