Janikowski $2
    Lions $3
    Little $2
    Floyd $25
    Redman $6
    St. Smith (Car) $5
    Bush $15
    Best $29

Nice team. I'm going to assume it's Calvin Johnson, and paired with Maclin and Rice is a very nice trio for a 14-teamer. Your QB's aren't top tier by any means, but won't hurt you too much. DeAngelo/Best/Bush is a pretty solid RB core as well, and Gates is a beast.

Solid team for sure.

Comment

sorry...it's Chris Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        kept:
        Freeman $14
        Eli $9
        C. Johnson $40
        Gates $28

drafted:
        D'Angelo Williams $35
        Maclin $36
        Rice $11
        Janikowski $2
        Lions $3
        Little $2
        Floyd $25
        Redman $6
        St. Smith (Car) $5
        Bush $15
        Best $29
        The QB situation scares me a tad, especially if there's a big penalty on INT's.

Of course, CJ signing and playing quickly is key, but I'm also worried about DeAngelo and the Panthers offense.

If Maclin, Floyd and Rice are your receivers, I'm kinda worried as well. Maclin's health is iffy, Floyd's playing time and targets will be ok, and Rice's lack of a talented QB scares me to death.

You have alot of question marks that have to answer yes for this team to succeed.

Can you tell me the breakdown of this auction group?

$25 for Floyd seems horribly high.....he went for $5 in my 12 team PPR expert league this past week.

And Maclin went for $13 (that's why I grabbed him)....

Just wondering...

Comment

lots of money spent on the non-kept big targets. Floyd was one of the "last best guys" cases and Maclin was the 9th best WR available on my board at the start of the draft.

I could move a RB for Jonathan Stewart if I so wanted to.

Comment

I also think the WR are lacking (I do like Maclin a lot if he can return to full health) but if you're starting him as WR1 and Rice and Floyd as 2 and 3 it's pretty weak. I'm not as concerned about your QBs as you have two borderline QB1s, one should emerge and you could possibly move the other and secure a lesser backup for your bye week. The thing that will swing it one way or the other is obviously CJ (but you know that).

Comment

My 2 QB's finished 7th and 11th last season in QB scoring. Other QBs at draft day cost:

Brady $54
              Ryan $30
              Flacco $30
              Manning $33 (injury scare)
              Brees $55

I only have to start 2 WRs each week but figured my TE was good enough to offset a weak WR2

Comment

I think this team is solid. The RB situation is very strong for a 14-team league, assuming CJ plays. The QB situation is solid. Neither is a stud, but you might be able to emulate a stud by playing matchups. The WR situation is pretty weak, but it could be worse. Maybe Steve Smith bounces back some. Newton is raw, but he can't be worse than what they had before.

Comment

Working...
                X