Javaris Crittenton: Murderer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javaris Crittenton: Murderer

ATLANTA (AP) -- Javaris Crittenton, the former NBA player once suspended by the league for bringing a gun into the Washington Wizards' locker room, has been charged with murder in the shooting of a woman on an Atlanta street.

Police spokesman Carlos Campos said Friday night that police have secured a murder warrant for the arrest of Crittenton in connection with the shooting death of 22-year-old Jullian Jones on Aug. 19. Campos said Crittenton, a former Georgia Tech player, isn't in custody and is wanted.

Atlanta police Maj. Keith Meadows told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Friday night that Crittenton is believed to be in the Los Angeles area. He said the FBI is involved in the investigation.
    another fine upstanding NBA citizen.

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    Maybe Gilbert Arenas was simply ahead of his time?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      I think even as a percentage of total players, the NBAers are way behind the NFLers in violent crime, no?

Comment

I thought people were innocent until proven guilty in this country.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I thought people were innocent until proven guilty in this country.
          Not exactly. People are innocent until proven guilty in the criminal justice system, which is a very small piece of the country...one which has its own rules and internal logic regarding what information can be considered and how one must reach a conclusion.

More and more often, people who misbehave badly tend to hide behind the conventions of the criminal justice system. And we, as a country, have bought into it. We tend to think that we cannot make up our minds whether a person has committed a bad act until the criminal justice system has run its course, even though critical information may be withheld from a jury for legal reasons, and even though a jury must be convinced "beyond a reasonable doubt".

What I'm trying to say is that the criminal justice system has a specific set of rules for operating. Those rules are not necessarily designed to ferret out the truth of a given matter. They certainly should not replace our own abilities to make judgments about what did or didn't happen in a given situation, based upon our common sense, the information available to us, and the circumstances present. Believe me, there is a world of difference between "not guilty" and innocent.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
            Not exactly. People are innocent until proven guilty in the criminal justice system, which is a very small piece of the country...one which has its own rules and internal logic regarding what information can be considered and how one must reach a conclusion.

More and more often, people who misbehave badly tend to hide behind the conventions of the criminal justice system. And we, as a country, have bought into it. We tend to think that we cannot make up our minds whether a person has committed a bad act until the criminal justice system has run its course, even though critical information may be withheld from a jury for legal reasons, and even though a jury must be convinced "beyond a reasonable doubt".

What I'm trying to say is that the criminal justice system has a specific set of rules for operating. Those rules are not necessarily designed to ferret out the truth of a given matter. They certainly should not replace our own abilities to make judgments about what did or didn't happen in a given situation, based upon our common sense, the information available to us, and the circumstances present. Believe me, there is a world of difference between "not guilty" and innocent.
            Pshaw, and what would YOU know about the law?

Oh wait.....never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewboy View Post
              Pshaw, and what would YOU know about the law?

Oh wait.....never mind.
              I ask myself that question every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post

Nicely said. One would hope you're a judge or some other responsible legal individual.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I get that and I appreciate the explanation Lucky but it just strikes me as jumping to an uninformed conclusion for Pauly to label him a murder because there is a warrant out for his arrest. I realize that the police probably won't issue a warrant if they don't have very strong evidence but it still strikes me as premature to post this.
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I think one's thuggery quotient should be heavily considered when jumping to conclusions about guilt or innocence. Crittenton is a thug who has shown already that he likes to bring guns into locker rooms to settle disputes.

Comment

Working...
                    X