Should I accept this trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I accept this trade

10 Team AL 5x5 with 11 keepers. Was offered a $15 Butler for a $12 Buchholtz. Only other keepable SPs for me are Morrow at $1 and Carrasco at $5. I have Beltre at 3B but my only 1B candidates are Laporta and Smoak at $10. Should I take this deal?

No, I'd stay put. Butler doesn't hit with enough power to justify moving Buchholz despite Clay's drastic difference between his ERA and xFIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      No, I'd stay put. Butler doesn't hit with enough power to justify moving Buchholz despite Clay's drastic difference between his ERA and xFIP.
      How about for a $17 Konerko?

Comment

I think your pitching needs dictate saying no to trading Buchholz. I like Konerko for another year, but Buchholz at $12 is tough to give up.

Comment

I agree, you almost have to keep Buchholz at $12

Comment

Originally posted by mike9289 View Post
            How about for a $17 Konerko?
            Depends on how your league values pitchers vs. hitters. They both are about 5 or 6 bucks undervalued. It also depends on how many of each are back in the auction.

The Butler one is easy to pass on. This one would make me think. I lean towards yes.

Comment

Who is going to be available at the auction? You have to factor in inflation and player pool availability here. Have all the keepers been declared?
              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                Who is going to be available at the auction? You have to factor in inflation and player pool availability here. Have all the keepers been declared?
                Keepers have not been declared. Teams can keep 9 - 11 depending on last year's standings. Received a 3rd offer:

$18 E. Santana and $3 P Buorgos for $12 Buchholtz and $4 J. McGee

Seems like Buchholz is stirring up quite some interest.

Comment

Originally posted by mike9289 View Post
                  Keepers have not been declared. Teams can keep 9 - 11 depending on last year's standings. Received a 3rd offer:

$18 E. Santana and $3 P Buorgos for $12 Buchholtz and $4 J. McGee

Seems like Buchholz is stirring up quite some interest.
                  Still no.
                  Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Working...
                  X