2011 Carson Palmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Carson Palmer

I sure hope he reports to Bengals camp a day or two before opening day.
    My understanding is he is being fined 30K per day.
    He would still be in line to be paid something like 11M, if dipstick Brown does not
    release him. That would be hilarious.

He definitely has not officially retired yet. And the Bengals are $27m under the cap, although I'm not sure how that can happen under the new CBA, where I thought there was a salary floor. BUt that means he can still report and the Bengals can be their stupid ass selves and pay him while still being under the cap, instead of releasing him.

At this point, why not deal him and get something? This franchise needs to be contracted.

Comment

I'm not sure how that can happen under the new CBA, where I thought there was a salary floor.
      There is no floor for individual teams until 2013. There is a league-wide floor in 2011 and 2012.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        At this point, why not deal him and get something? This franchise needs to be McCourted.
        Fixed.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Mike Brown is too interested in winning a fight with Palmer and trying to stop other players from making the same threats in the future to get out. He does not care about winning, he just cares about money. I think part of the reason the Bengals are so far under the cap is so that Palmer can't tie their hands by reporting at the end of cap and forcing the Bengals to pay his 11 mil. If they were 11 mil under the cap, they'd be forced to cut him, trade him or make other moves. Not to mention that is more money in the pocket of Brown, one of the cheapest owners in the league. I do not believe he will trade Palmer and will force Palmer to retire, who I believe will do just that as he does not need money and can spend time with his kids over playing with a franchise that is arguably the league's worst run that supposedly breaks promises to improve.

Comment

Working...
          X