PDA

View Full Version : Official Super Bowl Commericial thread.

Gregg
02-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Post here the first time you laugh out loud.

Gregg
02-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Bud Light lame.

Dorito ok but no lol.

Audi got a snicker.

Gregg
02-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Dorito II gross.

Pepsi Max winner!!

fuhrdog
02-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Commercials terrible so far but at least their was one announcing a new Raising Hope on Tuesday.

JudeBaldo
02-06-2011, 08:25 PM
The Kia and Bud cowboy are winers so far.

Bob Kohm
02-06-2011, 09:40 PM
First Doritos commercial meh, but the finger sucking guy was great and the formerly-cremated Gandpa with a big burn mark on his cheek sitting on the couch was full of win. Far and away the worst was that god awful Coke dragon mess. Just why?

Wonderboy
02-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Not a commercial, but maybe the best half time show in a long, long time.

Lucky
02-06-2011, 10:17 PM
I liked the Chrysler/Detroit commercial. Having been there recently, I'd love to see Detroit get back on its feet.

Mithrandir
02-06-2011, 11:55 PM

First halftime show in a long time that I didn't watch. I like the Black Eyed Peas, but halftime performance was pretty poor. And why was Slash there?

revo
02-07-2011, 12:06 AM
C'mon, the best commercial was easily whatever movie that was showing Brooklyn Decker's amazing bouncing boobies.

Trader Mac
02-07-2011, 01:20 AM

Yahoo has an article that says it was the worst halftime show in years. Of course, being in China I missed everything. I could have gone at 6 AM and pay $30 but it just wasn't worth it.

DMT
02-07-2011, 01:30 AM
First Doritos commercial meh, but the finger sucking guy was great and the formerly-cremated Gandpa with a big burn mark on his cheek sitting on the couch was full of win. Far and away the worst was that god awful Coke dragon mess. Just why?

Agreed across the board.

DMT
02-07-2011, 01:31 AM
Yahoo has an article that says it was the worst halftime show in years. Of course, being in China I missed everything. I could have gone at 6 AM and pay $30 but it just wasn't worth it.

The audio was all effed up but the dancers on the field were pretty awesome. They did 3 covers so it really wasn't all about them but they were easily better than the Stones or the Who.

GwynnInTheHall
02-07-2011, 04:45 AM
I liked the one where the baby got tossed into the glass wall.................

fuhrdog
02-07-2011, 09:23 AM
I'm just surprised that with a year to plan these commercials...this is the best they can do.

Wonderboy
02-07-2011, 09:52 AM

It certainly wasn't worth $30, but I really thought it was pretty good. So I was very surprised to see all the negative comments. Maybe I just have lower expectations -- I mean, it's a mini-show that you have to set up, perform, and then tear down in 20 minutes. No sound checks, no band on stage with you, lots of pressure. You have to judge them on that basis, and not on the basis of a standard show.

SeaDogStat
02-07-2011, 10:04 AM
It certainly wasn't worth $30, but I really thought it was pretty good. So I was very surprised to see all the negative comments. Maybe I just have lower expectations -- I mean, it's a mini-show that you have to set up, perform, and then tear down in 20 minutes. No sound checks, no band on stage with you, lots of pressure. You have to judge them on that basis, and not on the basis of a standard show.

You hand-wringing ninnies are always grading on the curve ;)

Wonderboy
02-07-2011, 11:09 AM
You hand-wringing ninnies are always grading on the curve ;)

Dammit, now I have to worry about you taking shots at me! More hand-wringing!

joncarlos
02-07-2011, 11:24 AM
C'mon, the best commercial was easily whatever movie that was showing Brooklyn Decker's amazing bouncing boobies.

Damn, I missed that one. What was it for?

I really enjoyed the Audi commercial. And honestly, the House promo when he threw his cane to the kid (ala Mean Joe Greene) might have been the 2nd best.

schlesinj
02-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Here is the People.com (http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20464264,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+people%2Fheadlines+%28PEOPLE. com%3A+Top+Headlines%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher) article with certain links to commercials.

Trautdiggity
02-07-2011, 12:56 PM

I get that but if that's the basis then get a friggin clue and lip sync it. They sounded absolutely terrible and it wasn't just the poor sound, it was them. They looked ridiculous and the BEP themselves lacked any energy which is ironic considering how much energy the rest of the performers out there had. I don't know in what universe that was a good show and quite honestly I'm amazed to hear anyone saying as much.

heyelander
02-07-2011, 01:06 PM
I think I would prefer marching bands and skip the completely out of character half time show.

Bernie Brewer
02-07-2011, 01:07 PM
I liked the Chrysler/Detroit commercial. Having been there recently, I'd love to see Detroit get back on its feet.

I thought that was the best commercial. It made me feel American!

overkill94
02-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Normally I switch to the Puppy Bowl during halftime but some of the girls at my party were big BEP fans and went nuts when Usher showed up. I was in complete agony since I can't stand that music and the whole thing was just plain ridiculous.

As for commercials, I don't remember any being particularly good though I wasn't paying close attention.

ironfist
02-07-2011, 01:50 PM
I thought that was the best commercial. It made me feel American!

Speaking of which...can someone tell me why they were reciting the Declaration of Independence before the game? I missed the intro, so maybe that explained why. It just seemed a little out of place before a football game to me.

B-Fly
02-07-2011, 01:58 PM
I'd have to go within categories and grade on a scale, since nothing jumped out at me as great. In the soda category, I think Pepsi definitely was better than Coke for a lot lower production cost. Chrysler won the domestic car group with its ode to Detroit. I think Audi won the foreign luxury car group over Mercedes and BMW. Even though it wasn't anything new, I think Snickers was funnier than Doritos, which I just found kind of gross, in the snack food category.

schlesinj
02-07-2011, 02:32 PM
How about the ARod/Cameron Diaz? About as entertaining as most of the commercials.

B-Fly
02-07-2011, 02:39 PM
How about the ARod/Cameron Diaz? About as entertaining as most of the commercials.

It would have been better to see W putting popcorn in John Madden's mouth, but yeah, that was pretty entertaining.