I dont like Moss but.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont like Moss but.....

.....I liked this story in Peter Kings column today.

I think I forgot this pro-Randy Moss story from my note about Moss and Patriots owner Robert Kraft a couple of weeks ago. Moss has been a consistent supporter of former Patriot teammate Heath Evans' charity work, and he was at a golf tournament in Florida for the charity when he came upon a pregnant woman working a beverage cart on the course.

According to Evans, Moss said to the woman she looked too far along to be working a golf tournament; the woman said she was on the verge of giving birth, but she needed the money, so she had to work. Moss reached into his pocket, according to Evans, pulled out a wad of cash, handed her the entire amount and told her, "Go home. Please.'' And she did.

I tell the story not to say Moss is Mr. Wonderful; Lord knows he's had enough problems with the press and public in his career. It's just that those who know him are convinced there are enough stories about the good side of Moss that have never been told

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1VmJofPVs
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

He's done a pile of charitable work in West Virginia - local hospitals, Marshall scholarship funds, and the like. I like King's point - Moss isn't Mr. Wonderful - but he's been pretty generous with time and money in the past for very good causes.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
    X