2k11: Chris Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k11: Chris Johnson

Holdout... check. Wildly inconsistent from week to week... check. New QB and new OC.... check.

Arguably the most raw talent in the NFL? Check that one too.

Anyone worried yet about his holdout impacting his value?

My #1 pick. I worry about the workload. His is a speed game, and lots of small dings hurts the wheels first.

When is the last time a RB taken in the top 5 was the #1 RB? OJ obviously, but since then, there always seems to be something that drives down the price on draft day. And the ones taken top 5, Reggie Bush, DMc, etc. dont quite pan out. Then there is the Brown, Benson, Caddy draft, all top 5. How did that work out?

J

LT was #5.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      My #1 pick. I worry about the workload. His is a speed game, and lots of small dings hurts the wheels first.

When is the last time a RB taken in the top 5 was the #1 RB? OJ obviously, but since then, there always seems to be something that drives down the price on draft day. And the ones taken top 5, Reggie Bush, DMc, etc. dont quite pan out. Then there is the Brown, Benson, Caddy draft, all top 5. How did that work out?

J

LT was #5.
      I'm not sure what that has to do with Johnson, since he was taken 24th, but "since OJ" there's also been Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk, Edgerrin James, Eric Dickerson, Billy Sims, Earl Campbell, Tony Dorsett & Walter Payton among all-time great RBs taken top 5 in the NFL Draft.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        I'm not sure what that has to do with Johnson, since he was taken 24th, but "since OJ" there's also been Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk, Edgerrin James, Eric Dickerson, Billy Sims, Earl Campbell, Tony Dorsett & Walter Payton among all-time great RBs taken top 5 in the NFL Draft.
        That is better than I thought. Sanders, Edge, Campbell, Dorsett, maybe Sims I would have gotten. Faulk no. I remember him being traded for a 2nd round pick too well. The Big Dickerson I try to forget. I cannot stand the man. I would have had to look up Walter's draft slot. Still, notice how many are from the 70s and 80s? It is not a recent thing. Since 2000, only LT and Jamaal Lewis, both taken 5th.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          That is better than I thought. Sanders, Edge, Campbell, Dorsett, maybe Sims I would have gotten. Faulk no. I remember him being traded for a 2nd round pick too well. The Big Dickerson I try to forget. I cannot stand the man. I would have had to look up Walter's draft slot. Still, notice how many are from the 70s and 80s? It is not a recent thing. Since 2000, only LT and Jamaal Lewis, both taken 5th.

J
          let's look at the last 15 years:
          2008 - McFadden -- emerging as a stud
          2006 - Reggie Bush -- not the player everyone thought, but still solid
          2005 - Ronnie Brown -- All Pro, but what could've been
          2005 - Ced benson -- bust, then comeback star
          2005 - Cadillac Williams -- Rookie of the Year, but what could've been
          2001 - LT -- HOFer
          2000 - Lewis -- All Pro
          1999 - Edge -- All Pro
          1999 - Ricky Williams -- All Pro
          1998 - Curtis Enis -- bust

So overall, not as bad as I thought. Only Enis was a huge bust.

Comment

I have him at $40 in a $260 cap for a 14 team non-PPR scoring league and I'm kind of forced to keep him.

Comment

Having an aging Hasselbeck, is still better than what the Titans have had the past few years at QB. The holdout and workload are causes for concerns.

1,200 and 11 TD's.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                let's look at the last 15 years:
                2008 - McFadden -- emerging as a stud
                2006 - Reggie Bush -- not the player everyone thought, but still solid
                2005 - Ronnie Brown -- All Pro, but what could've been
                2005 - Ced benson -- bust, then comeback star
                2005 - Cadillac Williams -- Rookie of the Year, but what could've been
                2001 - LT -- HOFer
                2000 - Lewis -- All Pro
                1999 - Edge -- All Pro
                1999 - Ricky Williams -- All Pro
                1998 - Curtis Enis -- bust

So overall, not as bad as I thought. Only Enis was a huge bust.
                True, only Enis is a huge bust, but only LT really came through, though Edge is close.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Describing Ricky as "All Pro" touches on the excellent couple of seasons he had, but fails to capture how frustrating he was for his teams and fantasy owners for most of his career.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

As for CJ, I think a deal will get done because their offense is nothing without him. That's not often true when talking about a RB anymore, but it is in this case.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                    X