2K11: Brandon Lloyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K11: Brandon Lloyd

the Jose Bautista of the NFL. Seven years of floundering and bouncing around, and then he pulls the biggest out-of-nowhere act since Houdini: 77 grabs for 1,443 yards and 11 TDs, finishing the year as the #1 WR in the NFL and fantasy. His previous best was #35 overall.

With a new regime in town, John Fox is more conservative with his game plan, but Knowshon Moreno & Willis McGahee are not DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart. And Kyle Orton continues on as the starter, another positive.

Fox already commented on how fantastic Lloyd looked in camp.

Can he continue his Bautista-esque run in '11, or did he sell his soul to the devil? If he can play at a similar level, he'll be a huge steal since he currently has an ADP in the 4th round.

Lloyds value is tied into Orton. As long as Orton is the QB, Lloyd can repeat last year. If Tebow takes over, expect Lloyd to suffer.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Lloyds value is tied into Orton. As long as Orton is the QB, Lloyd can repeat last year. If Tebow takes over, expect Lloyd to suffer.
      While that's probably true, a) Tebow will only see game action if Denver is in the dumps again; and b) Lloyd did get 14 catches for 263 yards & 2 TDs in the three games with Tebow, which basically was the same pace he was under Orton.

Comment

I don't know. Fox is a ball-control guy. Its the school he comes from. Sure, Orton will probably be throwing when they're behind, but Fox is going to immediately instill a sense of renewed pride into the o and d lines. I wouldn't be surprised if the d is a little better and they're playing in closer contests. Might lead to fewer opps for Lloyd. I'm thinking he's closer to 60 catches this year - regardless of who's at QB.
        "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          This the correct answer.

Comment

Not a believer in Lloyd. I think that McDaniels offense directly led to Lloyds huge breakout season. With Fox now in charge, expect to see much more ball control offense. 60-70 catches, 1000 yards and 6-7 TDs.
            14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
            RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
            WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
            TE: Olsen (NA)
            K: Lutz (7)
            DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
              Not a believer in Lloyd. I think that McDaniels offense directly led to Lloyds huge breakout season. With Fox now in charge, expect to see much more ball control offense. 60-70 catches, 1000 yards and 6-7 TDs.
              Steve Smith thrived in John Fox's offense, having seasons of 1,500 & 1,400 yards. I'm not ready to write off Lloyd because of a coaching switch. Denver doesn't have the bell cows Carolina did.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Steve Smith thrived in John Fox's offense, having seasons of 1,500 & 1,400 yards. I'm not ready to write off Lloyd because of a coaching switch. Denver doesn't have the bell cows Carolina did.
                I guess that I feel that Steve Smith in his prime is much more talented than a 30 year old Brandon Lloyd, whose previous best season was 48/733/5. Call me a skeptic.
                14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                TE: Olsen (NA)
                K: Lutz (7)
                DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
                  I guess that I feel that Steve Smith in his prime is much more talented than a 30 year old Brandon Lloyd, whose previous best season was 48/733/5. Call me a skeptic.
                  Agreed. SF was more of a ball-control offense and Lloyd never thrived there. Granted, part of that had to do with the QB, but still. jwlincy's projection is about where I see Lloyd for this year. As a WR2 or WR3, I wouldn't mind having Lloyd, but I don't want to depend on him as a #1.

Last year was also the first time that he's played a full season since 2005, fwiw.
                  "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                  "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

I would not draft him in the first 2 rounds.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

it's also looking like Brady Quinn has passed Tebow on the depth chart, so while that doesn't instill confidence, he probably doesn't have to worry about tebow.

Comment

Before last year, he was the kind of guy who made spectacular plays but often botched routine ones.

He may have corrected the problem due to maturity. And he has a good connection with Orton. But I would not pay full price for last year's numbers. I see him somewhere between WR10 and WR15.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                        X