Chris Mullin to the HOF, with an HOF-worthy article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Mullin to the HOF, with an HOF-worthy article

B-Fly's neighbor, Harvey Araton, nails this one, and you don't even need to be a Chris Mullin fan to enjoy it...
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

terrific article about a Brooklyn legend. We had an intense CYO rivalry with St Thomas Aquinas and I played against his brother Terrence many times. Met Chris once. Down to earth guy and easy to root for. He battled and defeated his demons. Congrats to him.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Great article. My Dad always got us tickets to see St. John's - Georgetown during the Mullin years. Boy was that a great college rivalry and an electric environment.

Comment

HOF worthy - meh. Hall of "Pretty Good for a Few Years" is more like it. He had huge 5 year stretch, but the other years were certainly not HOF -worthy.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
        X