Keeper Help, Have 7...Need 5 More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper Help, Have 7...Need 5 More

Well, it's time for my annual post. My keeper list is below. I went into last season on a 2-year plan and then actually competed past the all-star break due to some luck and good drafting. Eventually my team fell back and I made some additional trades to set up for this year. I want to try and package some of the 2nd tier keepers to get another 1 or 2 studs, but it's been slow going so far.

Below are my potential keepers, players under contract are listed and those I think I should sign are listed with keep before their salary. I can only keep 12. I have 8, but will likely cut Reimold, especially after the Vlad signing. That leaves me with 5 more guys to keep.

I can also keep 2 minor eligible players. I have to keep Ackley or take a $5 hit at the auction. So that means I can keep one more. I was thinking Belt since he should be up this year. That also means I am trying to move Harper in a combo deal to get a player this year...

So, what does the Pen say? Do I have the right 5 guys listed to get to 12? Do you think this is a list that can compete for a championship this year (14 team 5x5 $260 auction)? Would you keep Belt or Harper or one of the other guys?

Thanks for any thoughts you can share.

Bartlett, Jason(SS) SD - Contract $6
    Davis, Rajai(OF) TOR - Contract $6
    Reimold, Nolan(OF) BAL - Contract $8
    Pierre, Juan(OF) CHW - Contract $10
    Bruce, Jay(OF) CIN - Contract $11
    Johnson, Josh(P) FLA - Contract $12
    Lester, Jon(P) BOS - Contract $14
    Cain, Matt(P) SF - Contract $23

Zimmermann, Jordan(P) WAS - Keep $1
    Furcal, Rafael(SS) LA - Keep $6
    League, Brandon(P) SEA - Keep $3
    Putz, J.J.(P) ARI - Keep $3
    Storen, Drew(P) WAS - Keep $6

Wallace, Brett(3B,1B) HOU - $1
    Willingham, Josh(OF) OAK - $4
    Morneau, Justin(1B) MIN -$28
    Ramirez, Hanley(SS) FLA - $48
    Slowey, Kevin(P) MIN - $2
    Carrasco, Carlos(P) CLE - $3
    Niemann, Jeff(P) TB - $6

Minors
    Ackley, Dustin(1B,2B) SEA - Contract $1
    Belt, Brandon(1B) SF - $3
    Harper, Bryce(OF) WAS - $9
    Mesoraco, Devin(C) CIN - $1
    Goedert, Jared(2B) CLE - $1
    Gordon, Dee(SS) LA - $1

I'd be inclined to keep Willingham ahead of Reimold - I'm concerned Reimold is really going to have his PT cut in Baltimore. In a 14-teamer, I don't keep Bartlett at $6. If he were a 25+ SB guy, sure. But for a marginal BA, low double digit SBs and no power whatsoever, I'm sure you can find better.

Belt and Ackley are good choices for your minor leaguers.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Can you keep a third minor leaguer if you use one of the keeper spots?

If not I would be inclined to trade Ackley in order to keep Harper.

Comment

Originally posted by btash View Post
        Well, it's time for my annual post. My keeper list is below. I went into last season on a 2-year plan and then actually competed past the all-star break due to some luck and good drafting. Eventually my team fell back and I made some additional trades to set up for this year. I want to try and package some of the 2nd tier keepers to get another 1 or 2 studs, but it's been slow going so far.

Below are my potential keepers, players under contract are listed and those I think I should sign are listed with keep before their salary. I can only keep 12. I have 8, but will likely cut Reimold, especially after the Vlad signing. That leaves me with 5 more guys to keep.

I can also keep 2 minor eligible players. I have to keep Ackley or take a $5 hit at the auction. So that means I can keep one more. I was thinking Belt since he should be up this year. That also means I am trying to move Harper in a combo deal to get a player this year...

So, what does the Pen say? Do I have the right 5 guys listed to get to 12? Do you think this is a list that can compete for a championship this year (14 team 5x5 $260 auction)? Would you keep Belt or Harper or one of the other guys?

Thanks for any thoughts you can share.

Bartlett, Jason(SS) SD - Contract $6
        Davis, Rajai(OF) TOR - Contract $6
        Reimold, Nolan(OF) BAL - Contract $8
        Pierre, Juan(OF) CHW - Contract $10
        Bruce, Jay(OF) CIN - Contract $11
        Johnson, Josh(P) FLA - Contract $12
        Lester, Jon(P) BOS - Contract $14
        Cain, Matt(P) SF - Contract $23

Zimmermann, Jordan(P) WAS - Keep $1
        Furcal, Rafael(SS) LA - Keep $6
        League, Brandon(P) SEA - Keep $3
        Putz, J.J.(P) ARI - Keep $3
        Storen, Drew(P) WAS - Keep $6

Wallace, Brett(3B,1B) HOU - $1
        Willingham, Josh(OF) OAK - $4
        Morneau, Justin(1B) MIN -$28
        Ramirez, Hanley(SS) FLA - $48
        Slowey, Kevin(P) MIN - $2
        Carrasco, Carlos(P) CLE - $3
        Niemann, Jeff(P) TB - $6

Minors
        Ackley, Dustin(1B,2B) SEA - Contract $1
        Belt, Brandon(1B) SF - $3
        Harper, Bryce(OF) WAS - $9
        Mesoraco, Devin(C) CIN - $1
        Goedert, Jared(2B) CLE - $1
        Gordon, Dee(SS) LA - $1
        I wouldn't give up on Harper this soon, as long as you can keep him for a while at 9 bucks. He's got that rare power that only comes along once in a blue moon. I'd certainly keep him over Belt, who's being hyped like hell now, and will eventually have to play in a lousy park, limiting his production.

I would NOT keep Reimold...with Valddy there, he has no slot since Scott must now go to the OF. Willingham is worth the 4 bucks, and I'd keep Bartlett, as he's stolen more than 20 bags in 3 of the past 4 seasons. Neiman and Slowey are also worth looking that with those prices.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
        X