RJ Pay for Play - Draft Discussion Thread 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJ Pay for Play - Draft Discussion Thread 2011

***The Draft will start on Monday, August 22nd. Keepers are due by 8am on Monday, August 15th.***

Here is a thread for the discussion of the RJ Pay for Play Draft 2011.
    Last edited by jwlincy; 08-04-2011, 08:17 AM.
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

It looks like we have a couple of guys that are in a hurry to get this started. Hammer, schlesinj and griswold have all made their picks. There is no clock until Monday but if people are around and want to make their picks, feel free.

I'm going to be leaving town in a couple of hours and probably won't be around a computer until Sunday afternoon. Was planning on the draft starting on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
      It looks like we have a couple of guys that are in a hurry to get this started. Hammer, schlesinj and griswold have all made their picks. There is no clock until Monday but if people are around and want to make their picks, feel free.

I'm going to be leaving town in a couple of hours and probably won't be around a computer until Sunday afternoon. Was planning on the draft starting on Monday.
      Priorities commish........priorities.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

bummp

Comment

Alright Jason I gotta know... Austin over Jennings?

DISCUSS......

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
            Alright Jason I gotta know... Austin over Jennings?

DISCUSS......
            Romo only played 5 full games last year. Here were Austins numbers in those 5 games (33 rec, 486 yards, 2 TDs). GB has more option in the passing game (Jennings, Finley, J. Nelson, Jam. Jones, Cobb). Jennings did very little at the beginning of the season before Finley got injured.

Comment

Romo only played 5 full games last year. Here were Austins numbers in those 5 games (33 rec, 486 yards, 2 TDs). GB has more option in the passing game (Jennings, Finley, J. Nelson, Jam. Jones, Cobb). Jennings did very little at the beginning of the season before Finley got injured.
              I think it is close and was not that surprised by his choice. I would argue that Bryant and Witten are a more impressive duo than Finley and that group of WR's, but Rodgers does spread the ball around. Anyway both players are in good offenses that like to pass the ball so I do believe it will be close and am not sure I give either one a huge edge, but this will be the 3rd year in a row that I get the double TD on a Rodgers to Jennings connection.

Comment

Fair enough. I wasn't criticizing so much as curious. I have yet to see a ranking with Austin above Jennings and in fact, some services have Jennings waaaaaay above (CBS has him confoundingly high IMO - 3rd overall WR I believe). My thing is I am a big Dez Bryant believer and I think he is gonna steal a lot of Austin's thunder this season. Either way I think you are both in pretty good shape there just wanted to know your thinking.

For the record I considered Jennings also.

Comment

I love the Dallas offense as a whole this year but there are plenty of mouths to feed in big D with Austin, Witten, Bryant and Jones gets his catches.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

That said, Green Bay is in the same boat with plenty of offensive talent.
                    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
                      Fair enough. I wasn't criticizing so much as curious. I have yet to see a ranking with Austin above Jennings and in fact, some services have Jennings waaaaaay above (CBS has him confoundingly high IMO - 3rd overall WR I believe). My thing is I am a big Dez Bryant believer and I think he is gonna steal a lot of Austin's thunder this season. Either way I think you are both in pretty good shape there just wanted to know your thinking.

For the record I considered Jennings also.
                      No, I knew that you were just curious why I took Austin over Jennings. I sometimes like to ask people to explain their thinking too.

With my first pick I was considering Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald and Matt Forte. Was really hoping one of them would slip to my at 2.02 (Fitz was close but not close enough). I was surprised by your Wayne pick, I'm not a fan this year. With Peyton's neck concerns and the emergence of Collie, Wayne didn't do much last year. Maybe its because I had Wayne on my team and got burned a little bit. I guess we'll see.

Comment

I wanted to take Best when I saw him there, but I just was too afraid of the concussion.

Comment

Here...just talking possible trades for this pick...
                          I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                          You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                          "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                          It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

No, I knew that you were just curious why I took Austin over Jennings. I sometimes like to ask people to explain their thinking too.

With my first pick I was considering Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald and Matt Forte. Was really hoping one of them would slip to my at 2.02 (Fitz was close but not close enough). I was surprised by your Wayne pick, I'm not a fan this year. With Peyton's neck concerns and the emergence of Collie, Wayne didn't do much last year. Maybe its because I had Wayne on my team and got burned a little bit. I guess we'll see.
                            Wayne didn't score much last year (he had 6) but it's not that far off his career average (he averages 6.9 TD each year). Other than that he finished third in receiving (1355 yards) and second in receptions (111) - only he and Roddy White had more than 94. That's an extra point each week over any other receiver with the move to PPR. He finished 9th amongst WR in standard league scoring (don't have a good resource to look up PPR from work). Wayne's not sexy but he's rock steady. Also I'll eat my shoe if Collie plays 16 games.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                              I wanted to take Best when I saw him there, but I just was too afraid of the concussion.
                              Best is one of those players I'll be shocked if he ends up on any of my teams... he's getting drafted really high for the risk IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X