Like B Fly Said....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like B Fly Said....

Early keeper input needed for our 15 team mixed RJ Staffer Ultra league 5x5 traditional roto. Came in second to Brian, but dealt most my keepers to make the run. I just dealt Verlander for David Wright at $35 o I'm planning to keep him, but who knows. Here's what I can choose from I'm leaning toward the Bolded players:

Crawford 43
    Rollins $36
    Wright $35
    Holliday $33
    B Phillips $31

Ortiz $11
    Zorbist $10
    Barton $5
    Jaso $4

Torres $1
    Bonifacio $1
    LaPorta $1

King Felix $37

Dempster $15
    Mejia $5

K Jansen $3
    Stauffer $1
    Kuo $1

Pavano $1
    Madson $1
    Schlereth $1
    C Coleman $1

I'd really appreciate some feedback if you guys have time.:choose:
    Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 02-04-2011, 05:43 PM.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

How many do you get to keep? What is the budget?

Comment

Keep 10, standard $260 budget
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I would keep Pavano $1 and do you start 2 catchers if so I think Jaso is worth a shot?

Comment

yeah 2 catchers, I was back n forth on Jaso and Pavano both.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

call me crazy but laporta for a buck.....why not

Comment

I guess that I don't see a reason to keep Stauffer, even for a buck. I'd sub Pavano in for him and keep LaPorta as well...

Who's Madsen BTW?
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Stauffer will be the #3/4 starter in San Diego and improved over the past season and a half after returning from injuries that plagued his first few years with the team. his cutter is outstanding, he's reduced his HR/9 rate and at 29 seems ready to be a solid arm worthy of his first round draft status. It may just be a homer pick too

I meant ryan madson, RP Phillies.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I am adding Crawford and LaPorta to this list. Maybe Zobrist as well (depends on who is back in auction). I like the 4 pitchers you have selected and would not go with Pavano.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Stauffer will be the #3/4 starter in San Diego and improved over the past season and a half after returning from injuries that plagued his first few years with the team. his cutter is outstanding, he's reduced his HR/9 rate and at 29 seems ready to be a solid arm worthy of his first round draft status. It may just be a homer pick too

I meant ryan madson, RP Phillies.
                    If Stauffer is going to be a starter, I guess that he's OK for a buck, but nothing in his stats scream out that he's going to be a huge success, IMO. Frankly, for a buck, I'd certainly keep Madson, more than a K per inning and likely to get a handful of saves...
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                    X