No announcement yet.

Someone was asking what a hipster is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone was asking what a hipster is...

The Evolution of the Hipster 2000-2009

The only thing I'm guilty of from this is having a vinyl collection.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

I have a vinyl collection in my garage. Does that count?
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I don't see enjoying vinyl as being hipster. I started out buying vinyl cause a lot of the old country music I wanted wasn't put out on CD. Plus, I don't look anything like the guy in that link, I've never owned a pipe and I don't wear preppy sweaters like that.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I have a nice vinyl collection as well, and I'll admit to carrying my ipod most places. I'm fairly sure that's where my connection ends.
        -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

Comment

Originally posted by NakedRicci View Post
          I have a nice vinyl collection as well, and I'll admit to carrying my ipod most places. I'm fairly sure that's where my connection ends.
          I'd say at this point 80% of people under the age of 40 carry an iPod with them wherever they go so that hardly indicates someone is a hipster.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

its hip to be square
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
              I'd say at this point 80% of people under the age of 40 carry an iPod with them wherever they go so that hardly indicates someone is a hipster.
              does it matter that I'm OVER 40?
              -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

Comment

Originally posted by NakedRicci View Post
                does it matter that I'm OVER 40?
                Does it matter that I'm over 50?
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

If you are over 40 do you really care what the people depicted in that thread think about you?

One of the greatest things about getting older is the freedom to do what you want.

On the other hand I kind of like the pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

On the other hand I kind of like the crackpipe.
                    fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      fixed
                      I do not care what you think....you hipster.

Now get off my lawn!!

Comment

If you look and act like the people in those annoying Hyundai holiday commercials, you're a hipster.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                          The Evolution of the Hipster 2000-2009

The only thing I'm guilty of from this is having a vinyl collection.
                          Same here. I rarely get the urge to use them, but they're here.

I define hipster as, "Someone who's trying way too hard". If you think you have to have a certain look in order to be "hip" or "cool", you're not.

I'm not "hip" or "cool", but that's another matter entirely. Never have been, never will be, stopped giving a sh** about it around 35 years ago.
                          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                          -- William James

Comment

"Mission Mission" and "Uptown Almanac" are the official hipster blogs of San Francisco
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

That guy who was kind enough to lend us the lighter during the Chinese New Year stoop soirée was kind of a hipster no?

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                              "Mission Mission" and "Uptown Almanac" are the official hipster blogs of San Francisco

Comment

Working...
                              X