2K11: Mike Stanton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K11: Mike Stanton

how awesome is this kid? There hasn't been a level he hasn't dominated, and at 20 years old, he gets promoted mid-season and doesn't skip a beat: 22 HRs, 59 RBIs in 359 ABs. For the year, he hit 43 HRs between AA and the majors. He has 111 HRs among his 421 professional hits.

He's going to be the Marlins everyday RFer, and I can't wait to see what he does with 550 MLB at-bats. Based on his current ratios, he could be good for 35-40 HRs this coming season.

I'm gonna project him for .266/80/33/95 for his 1st full season.

I like your projection revo. I agree with your pre-projection comments that he could outperform the 33 homers.

I made a preseason trade last year to go for it all by trading Heyward. In season, I moved some pieces I didn't need at the time to land Stanton to be my long term RFer. I know I gave a better overall hitter in Heyward, but Stanton might make up for it in power. It is going to be fun comparing these two young OFers for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I like your projection revo. I agree with your pre-projection comments that he could outperform the 33 homers.

I made a preseason trade last year to go for it all by trading Heyward. In season, I moved some pieces I didn't need at the time to land Stanton to be my long term RFer. I know I gave a better overall hitter in Heyward, but Stanton might make up for it in power. It is going to be fun comparing these two young OFers for years to come.
      I own both Stanton and Heyward this season. I'm very happy.

Comment

I am going to like him a lot more in 2012 than I do this year, I see too many inconsistencies given his pricetag. When he costs the same next year as he does this year, then I'll buy.

Comment

Working...
        X