Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Box sets

I am not big on boxed sets of DVDs, but I have a few:

Buffy: the complete series (it was $10. I couldnt say no.)
    Babylon 5: Season 2
    The Pretender: Seasons 1 and 2
    Twilight Zone

What do you have? Which do you play, and which gather dust?

For myself, The Pretender gets the most play. Judith will watch Twilight Zone occasionall, but there are too many cable TZ marathons for me to do so.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

All 3 seasons of Titus is my favorite. First two seasons of Scrubs are very good.

Comment

Dexter seasons 1 & 2.

With sites like Hulu & HBO GO, boxed sets are swiftly becoming extinct.

Comment

I bought a bunch and then stopped when I realized I rarely watched them.

Anyway, from years ago in VCR format, the excellent BBC production of Elizabeth staring Glenna Jackson. The boxed set of SCTV, possibly the high point in TV comedy, you hosers. And the first (and only) season of Firefly.
        “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
        -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

My favorite box set is my complete Monty Python's Flying Circus.

I don't watch my House DVD's much as USA replays them all the time.

Comment

a number of years back I bought The World at War boxed set. My local DVD rental place got it in the next week.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              I don't watch my House DVD's much as USA replays them all the time.
              Same problem with Band of Brothers. Just an outstanding series but I didn't buy the set because it's on all the time.
              “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
              -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Seinfeld - all 9 seasons
                The Office - seasons 1-5
                30 Rock - all seasons available
                It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - all seasons available
                Arrested Development - all 3 seasons
                The Wire - seasons 1, 2, 3, and 5 (once I go through the series again I'll buy that last season)
                24 - seasons 2, 4
                Family Guy - seasons 1-3

Plus a handful of sinigle seasons (Flight of the Conchords, Stella, Wildboyz). They come in handy when I go on trips.

Comment

Shogun - Love that miniseries
                  Sopranos - All seasons...finally (B-I-L's family has bought me one season each year for Christmas...Need to tell them about The Wire now) lol
                  The Office - dusty
                  30 Rock - dusty
                  MY Name is Earl - dusty
                  Family Guy - dusty
                  Woodstock - Ultimate Collector's Edition
                  I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                  You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                  "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                  It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

i bought Band of Brothers for $40 on a Father's Day weekend sale somewhere quite awhile back when it was usually retailing for $65. i usually get sick for a couple of days about once a year, and i watch them straight through. i had them all on VHS from a History Channel marathon at one point, but the uncut DVDs are much better. Besides, the final DVD has some great interviews with the real veterans. My son is going to be taking American History this next year and when we get to WW2, he's going to read Ambrose's Citizen Soldiers and we will watch Band of Brothers.

My girls really enjoyed an "I Dream of Jeannie" marathon a few months ago and have been after me to buy it, but i just can't pull the trigger to do it.

Batman TV show--it's a knock-off, the whole series recorded from TVland, but my boys (and girls) put one of those DVDs in at least once a month or so. We have the whole series. If i see Julie Newmar on, i usually find a way to sit and watch it too. i saw her in an interview a couple years ago when i was flipping through channels and she is still beautiful.

From the Earth to the Moon--dusty

Comment

Hogans Heroes seasons 1 and 2. My boys love it.

Johnny Quest--the only season. We watch one of the four DVDs about once a month.

Speed Racer--all 5 DVDs. We watch one about once/month.

Comment

I have:

Seinfeld
                        Everybody Hates Chris
                        1979 World Series
                        Baseball (Ken Burns 9 dvd documentary)
                        The Midnight Special Legendary Performances (first series)

Wife has:

NCIS
                        CSI
                        Bones
                        House

Want list:

Taxi
                        Sopranos
                        1975 World Series (Reds - Red Sox)
                        1977 World Series (Yankees - Dodgers)
                        The Midnight Special Legendary Performances (second series)
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X