2K11: Jayson Werth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K11: Jayson Werth

Is this guy going to be undervalued for leaving Philadelphia or will playing for the Nationals make him more pedestrian that what we have seen from him?
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Well, this guy is just not on a radar!
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

I am down on him when you consider a weaker lineup, harder park to hit in and in the first year of a multi-year deal . Ive seen him as a top 10 OF in some places and I think he fits in around 18 or 19.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

according to ESPN park factors, the difference between Citizens Bank Park and Nationals Park the last couple of seasons was negligible. Obviously the Phillies lineup is better than the Nats, but the Nationals aren't the Mariners.

I like Werth as much as I have the last few years after he established himself. I'll go:

.282/90/28/90/13

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          according to ESPN park factors, the difference between Citizens Bank Park and Nationals Park the last couple of seasons was negligible. Obviously the Phillies lineup is better than the Nats, but the Nationals aren't the Mariners.

This is not being said enough

Comment

Average HR Factor the past 3 years according to ESPN
            PHI - 1.05
            WAS - 0.97

Not a massive gap, but that's the difference between borderline top 10 and borderline bottom 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Medici View Post
              Average HR Factor the past 3 years according to ESPN
              PHI - 1.05
              WAS - 0.97

Not a massive gap, but that's the difference between borderline top 10 and borderline bottom 10.
              Does anyone know how to translate that into HR differential?
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Ah yes. Our annual "How much is he Werth?" thread.
                I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Someone had to do it
                  I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    The Nats' park factor was way overblown back when Alfonso Soriano got traded there and apparently it still is.

I think Werth performs pretty close to what he did in 2010, but with a slight regression in BA (his BABIP was .352 last year).

I like Revo's projections and think that Werth may even end up hitting more HRs than last year if his HR/FB rate gets back up a couple points to 2009 (or even just career) levels.
                    where is it way overblown?

Comment

How about the fact he has to face Lee, Oswalt, Hamels and Hallady a total of 17 times instead of the garbage pitchers Washington tosses out there?

Comment

He'll likely get 600+ PAs in 2011. You think we should devalue him based on the 68-ish times he faces those guys?
                        68-ish against quailty pitching as opposed to stiffs?Its certainly a factor. that over 10% of his ab's.

Comment

Places
                          where besides your mind?
                          Last edited by Hammer; 02-03-2011, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Comment

I think Werth performs pretty close to what he did in 2010, but with a slight regression in BA (his BABIP was .352 last year).
                              I agree and will add that we could see a slight PROgression in RBI because a) he will no longer be hitting behind Ryan Howard and b) he had the worst avg with RISP in the ENTIRE National League last year.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                              X