Essential Rock Albums A-Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essential Rock Albums A-Z

Local radio station is playing an album side from what the consider the most essential rock albums of all-time (not sure how many they're doing total) during the 4th of July weekend. Nothing beats driving home while listening to side 1 of Beggars Banquet followed up by side 2 of Blonde on Blonde.

Any noticeable omissions so far?

Is there a list without having to go through about 80 pages of stuff?

Just from what I saw in the As and Bs, looks like it's very, very heavily 70s-80s weighted.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Is there a list without having to go through about 80 pages of stuff?

Just from what I saw in the As and Bs, looks like it's very, very heavily 70s-80s weighted.
      Yeah, it's mostly a classic rock station so I wouldn't expect to hear much Arcade Fire or anything. They'll probably post a full list once they're done, but for now they've just been updating their main page after every album.

Comment

Potential draft? Like a vintage one, A-Z, one album for each letter?
        One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

Originally posted by ManCalledFoot View Post
          Potential draft? Like a vintage one, A-Z, one album for each letter?

Count me in.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I'd do that.

Listenable albums starting with "X" would go in the first round.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Hey if you guys wanna rally people and do this before the Bowie draft I'm cool with that, because I'm actually going to Chicago from July 12-20 (so I'll only be home a few days before trips). I'll have some access in Chicago but it will probably go smoother if we started (I can't access RJ from my phone). Plus, that would give the casual fans almost 3 weeks prep time.

ETA: If not, that's fine too, I have a list with me...but just expect a few delays.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
              X