KS you dog.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KS you dog.

You ,did not tell us about your moonlight job.

Few players in recent memory arrived with more hype than Alex Gordon, and few have been as disappointing. Gordon was named BA's Minor League Player of the Year in 2006, following a ridiculous season in the Texas League (111 R, 29 HR, 101 RBI, 22 SB, .325/.427/.588). But after a solid-if-unspectacular rookie campaign (15 HR, 14 SB, .725 OPS), his development stalled, then shifted into reverse. Gordon was actually demoted to Triple-A for a 68-game maintenance stint last year — he was terrific at Omaha, naturally: 14 HR, 7 SB, 1.019 OPS — and he's been bumped to a corner outfield spot in KC. He retains his third base-eligibility in Yahoo! leagues, at least for one more year, so you can't completely dismiss him as a fantasy asset. He's also reportedly spent the off-season making major adjustments to his swing, under the guidance of Kevin Seitzer. Seems appropriate at this stage.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

I know you were joking but...

I actually think Gordon can still come around. I think a trip to the minors might have been just what the dude in section five ordered (he was reading USA Today too).

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
      I actually think Gordon can still come around. I think a trip to the minors might have been just what the dude in section five ordered (he was reading USA Today too).
      The similarities between Gordon and Andy Marte are pretty striking.

At 25 in 2009, Marte put up a .327/.369/.593 line in 300 AB's at AAA.

At 26 in 2010, Gordon put up a .315/.442/.577 line in 260 AB's at AAA.

The question is whether these guys are being exploited for their weaknesses at the MLB level, destined to turn into AAAA filler, or whether they just need some consistent playing time to fully develop.

Gordon is worth a shot, but the move to OF limits his value, the high K rate limits his BA upside, and his SB success last year in the bigs (1 SB, 5 CS) leads me to believe his instincts are poor, SB potential lacking.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
      X