Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2k11: Francisco "K-Rod" Rodgriguez (NYM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k11: Francisco "K-Rod" Rodgriguez (NYM)

Last year K-Rod's year was overshadowed by the incident with his father in law, but he had a 2.63 FIP and 3.30 xFIP, and he turned around his bad trends in K/9, BB/9 and GB%. He should be an elite closer. He has a pretty decent team to get him wins and a friendly ballpark. But most of the time, he isn't getting picked like one.

Any more word on the Mets trying to get rid of him? I have to think that his skills are good enough that even if they did unload him, he'd be a closer wherever he landed.

I think the baggage and contract keeps him a Met for at least this year and prolly longer. I think his value will settle into where it should be come late March, which is about 4th or 5th best closer out there. Perhaps he gets a slight discount.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      I think the baggage and contract keeps him a Met for at least this year and prolly longer. I think his value will settle into where it should be come late March, which is about 4th or 5th best closer out there. Perhaps he gets a slight discount.
      I think he is a free agent next year, or at least the Mets have a buy-out option.

Comment

youre right. Team option in 2k12

Rodriguez receives $3.5M termination buyout if 2012 option does not become guaranteed
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          youre right. Team option in 2k12

Rodriguez receives $3.5M termination buyout if 2012 option does not become guaranteed
          A little more detail... it's not a team option. His option is $17mil (yikes) or a 3.5m buyout. BUT

* 2012 option becomes guaranteed with:
          o 55 games finished in 2011, and
          o 100 games finished in 2010-11, and
          o doctors declare Rodriguez healthy after 2011

* Rodriguez receives $3.5M termination buyout if 2012 option does not become guaranteed

He finished 46 games in 2010 so if he finishes 55 in 2011, his option vests. I suspect the Mets do NOT want his option to vest.

Every year from 05-09, he finished over 55 games. So, if he stays the closer all year, and stays healthy, it will probably vest. And no team is going to want to trade for him to become their closer and risk it vesting with them, so the only way he gets traded is to be a setup man.

Comment

Working...
          X