Macbook Pro primer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macbook Pro primer

So I've finally been convinced by my friends to make the switch to Mac. The main reason I have resisted the switch was b/c of the cost difference but used ones are significantly cheaper and the Applecare seems like a pretty extensive warranty.

Just curious to hear if anyone else has one and if they have recommendations for features, specs etc.

I'm looking at the 15'' screen.

TIA
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Welcome.

Comment

Anyone?

I found this one on CL listed for $1800 but talked him down to $1350. It was bought in Aug 2010 and is covered by Applecare until Aug 2013. Also has Office installed.

Model: A1286

Processor: Intel Core i5, 2.4 GHz

Ram: 4BG PC3-8500 SODIMM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M (256MB) + Intel HD Graphics (256MB)

HDrive: 320GB 5400RPM SATA 2.5 SUPERDRIVE
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Anyone?

I found this one on CL listed for $1800 but talked him down to $1350. It was bought in Aug 2010 and is covered by Applecare until Aug 2013. Also has Office installed.

Model: A1286

Processor: Intel Core i5, 2.4 GHz

Ram: 4BG PC3-8500 SODIMM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M (256MB) + Intel HD Graphics (256MB)

HDrive: 320GB 5400RPM SATA 2.5 SUPERDRIVE
        That's basically last year's model, which is fine. A new 15" will start at $1799. If you don't need the 15", you could get a brand-new 13" for the same amount of money.

The thing about used laptops is that you need to make sure it's in good condition. Lots of strange things can happen as they get older - bad pixels, bad hinges, etc. Doesn't really affect the performance, but just makes them less fun to use.
        Last edited by OaklandA's; 06-20-2011, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X