Hellraiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellraiser

So, after years of people telling me that Hellraiser was a "must" cult horror flick, I watched in on Encore On Demand last night. Uhm... What was I missing here?
    "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

i think it was considered pretty flipped out and weird for its time. since then, "flipped out and weird" has been taken up many levels, and done a lot better, so it has probably lost its "wow" factor. kinda like how "sgt. pepper's lonely hearts club band" blew people's minds in 1967, but now people hear it for the first time and go "oh, that's nice, but what's the big deal?"
    ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Plus it was the introduction of some pretty iconic horror figures in Pinhead and co. Maybe not Jason or Michael Myers iconic, but still...

Oh, and the box was pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
        So, after years of people telling me that Hellraiser was a "must" cult horror flick, I watched in on Encore On Demand last night. Uhm... What was I missing here?
        Nothing.

I thought the movie was a let down when it came out. Later I watched it again thinking I missed something...nope.

As far as horror movies go this is really towards the bottom of my list. And I watch bad horror movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post

I understand being in the mood for a horror movie. However, you would have been much more entertained if you would have watched Tombstone like many of us recommended to you years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            I understand being in the mood for a horror movie. However, you would have been much more entertained if you would have watched Tombstone like many of us recommended to you years ago.
            Billy Clanton: Why, it's the drunk piano player. You're so drunk, you can't hit nothin'. In fact, you're probably seeing double.
            [Billy Clanton draws a knife]
            Doc Holliday: [takes out a second gun] I have two guns, one for each of ya.

Comment

I've had no desire to watch the movie since we have had our own Hellraiser in the pen with Bhob. I've been calling him Pinhead for years!
              拖裤子,
              放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Trader Mac View Post
                I've had no desire to watch the movie since we have had our own Hellraiser in the pen with Bhob. I've been calling him Pinhead for years!
                I teach my students that China is the newest hotbed of dinosaur research and discovery. Ridden any while you were there?
                "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

The Pinhead imagery is the best thing about the movie but the the movie itself is run-of-the-mill.

Comment

A coworker of mine told me the first one was run of the mill, but the second one was supposed to be better. I haven't seen it, so I don't know. I have no desire to watch any more of the series.

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                      A coworker of mine told me the first one was run of the mill, but the second one was supposed to be better. I haven't seen it, so I don't know. I have no desire to watch any more of the series.
                      The second one was no better.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        The second one was no better.
                        glad I didn't waste my time then!

Comment

Working...
                        X