New Yahoo Dynasty League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Yahoo Dynasty League

UPDATE - WILL BE A KEEPER LEAGUE AS YAHOO UNABLE TO HANDLE DYNASTY FULLY.

Pertinent info:

[1]Needs a (co-) commish (see point in next post on this subject)
    [2]Needs scoring rules and format to be agreed upon
    [3]Needs no of teams or GMs agreed upon
    [4]Draft type and format

My suggestion for points 2, 3 and 4 would be as follows:

Format H2H, Mixed AL/NL, daily changes
    Scoring should be RBI, HR, R, SB, AVG, OBP and QS, L, K, SVs, ERA, WHIP
    No of teams should be no fewer than 12
    Draft type should be online auction if possible, otherwise online traditional draft (i.e. 1-12, 1-12).

Apply within.

(Ideally you are not in multiple other leagues and are able to devote the time to this league that will see it become an engaging challenge thanks to the quality and commitment of your fellow managers)

I'll edit this thread as owners present themselves.

1 - Dans
    2 - kldub4life
    3 - Colorado1
    4 - gcstomp (if 15 teams)
    5 - RunDMC
    6 - Botsie (non RJ)
    7 - Slewfoot (non RJ)
    8 - Stirling (non RJ)

UPDATE RE OWNERS: I may have up to 5 interested owners from my former league. We may be at 9 owners already!

UPDATE RE FORMAT:

I am now thinking Dynasty is not something Yahoo is likely to be able to handle this year, so am considering simply making this a keeper league with as many keepers as possible.
    Last edited by ; 02-09-2011, 08:12 AM. Reason: Adding interested GMs - update on possible format

Actually, I will happily commish the league - what put me off commishing was the format of the last one I ran where salaries were involved which needed manually calculating as well as continual updating of roster values (all in a spreadsheet posted to a yahoo group site). The admin was simply too much but given that this league will be run on yahoo using only what is available from yahoo, then I will indeed commish or perhaps co-commish the league. I should add that I live in Europe and a live draft would have to start at the latest around 6 or 7 pm Eastern.
    Last edited by ; 02-02-2011, 07:54 AM.

Comment

I wasn't aware that yahoo allowed for the dynasty format, which means, keep all players from one year to the next. It also means no salaries, otherwise you couldn't keep all players.

Comment

Now that would put a spanner in the works.

Do you know the max number of keepers yahoo can handle?

As for salaries - want nothing to do with them. If it would be an auction league I assumed the $ values would simply affect the 1st year's draft only and thereafter FAAB could be used to roster new players. If yahoo doesn't handle all this, then I would be open to exploring other options - preferably CBS or ESPN (I am a shallow "look and feel" type )

Comment

Originally posted by Dans View Post
          Now that would put a spanner in the works.

Do you know the max number of keepers yahoo can handle?
          I don't think Yahoo has a limit on number of keepers. We will know for sure on Feb 8th when it starts up.

I am in a dynasty league that we keep all but 5 players each year and hold a mini draft via the message board of the league before the season starts.

Good to see you again Dans.
          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Good to see you too Piney.

Presumably if yahoo allows all players to be kept, the essence of a dynasty league is therefore covered? Have I missed something perhaps?

Otherwise, a set up similar to the one your leagues uses can be considered.

Comment

Originally posted by Dans View Post
              Good to see you too Piney.

Presumably if yahoo allows all players to be kept, the essence of a dynasty league is therefore covered? Have I missed something perhaps?

Otherwise, a set up similar to the one your leagues uses can be considered.
              What my commish has us do is he enters 1 player then we add the rest ourselves. Now we just had a commish change for this league since the previous commish is a local judge (like Lucky here). His time is very limited. I am assuming Yahoo we let the commish add in any number of keepers himself then add them to each team himself. I cannot get there right now as Yahoo fantasy is blocked at work.
              Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I think a draft is much preferred over and auction with the other issues you are mentioning.

I'd be interested but not so much with daily lineup changes.
                Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

I'm interested. I'll play by most any rules consistent with what you've discussed. email me at "[email protected]",when you have a consensus if you reach come agreement and have an opening.

Comment

I would be interested provided we can get at least 15 teams for a mixed. Or 10 teams single league. Not so crazy about daily moves, prefer weekly, but not deal breaker.

Comment

I'm interested in a mixed league. I've had enough of only leagues. But put me on the interested list, please.

Edit: Add e-mail address - [email protected]
                      Last edited by ; 02-07-2011, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Current interest:

1 - Dans
                        2 - kldub4life
                        3 - Colorado1
                        4 - gcstomp (if 15 teams)
                        5 - RunDMC
                        6 - Botsie (non RJ)
                        7 - Slewfoot (non RJ)
                        8 - Stirling (non RJ)

League will likely be a keeper with a high number of keepers as Dynasty appears not to be supported by yahoo. Draft preference would seem to be online traditional at this point.

Comment

Hey Dan.. I mentioned in the other post.. toss me in, and if you want a commish, I would be interested in that as well..

r.quinn at yahoo.com

Comment

Dan...looking for a dynasty league...count me [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by nyc View Post
                              Dan...looking for a dynasty league...count me [email protected]
                              It seems to be only possible to do a keeper on yahoo - is this still of interest? We'd keep the majority.

Comment

Working...
                              X