No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For some reason, some people think all 4 characters are Asperger's Syndrome guys.
    But really only Sheldon is.

Sheldon and Leonard are the two stars, of course, quite an homage.

But I liked him as Nick the bartender in "It's A Wonderful Life"

"We serve hard drinks to men who want to get drunk fast and we don't need any 'characters' to give the joint 'atmosphere'.'"
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Anyone watch "Tosh.0"..dude is hilarious..
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        Anyone watch "Tosh.0"..dude is hilarious..
        I've been a big fan of his since I saw his Comedy Central special in 2003. Saw him twice at local comedy clubs here in LA and he killed both times. Luckily they've let him basically be himself on his show - he's best when he's at his most racist and misogynistic.

Comment

Falling Skies has been renewed ... someone can let me know if these is a 180 degree transformation in the quality of this series. Somehow I doubt it ... plus even if they drafted in Daniel Day Lewis along with the writing staff of The Wire, I'm not sure I can look at those ridiculous looking George Lucas style Jar Jar Binks aliens for another second.
          Last edited by johnnya24; 07-08-2011, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Torchwood: Miracle Day premieres tonight on Starz at 10pm. I've never seen any of the other series but have heard good enough stuff about them to give this one a try.

Also looking forward to the return of Curb Your Enthusiasm Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
              Torchwood: Miracle Day premieres tonight on Starz at 10pm. I've never seen any of the other series but have heard good enough stuff about them to give this one a try.

Also looking forward to the return of Curb Your Enthusiasm Sunday.

My wife and I watched Torchwood the last time around. It was quircky but entertaining. We will be adding this to the Tivo list.

Comment

Anyone watching Wilfred? It's really funny.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                  Anyone watching Wilfred? It's really funny.
                  I kinda like it so far - not loving it yet. The funniest parts for me are when Wilfred does the dog-like things - like chasing the laser pointer in yesterday's show.

Comment

If anyone has been thinking about buying The Wire on DVD, now is a good time.

On sale at Amazon for $72.49.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• I'm currently going through the first series of Treme ... gotta give The Wire guys a fair shot. The critics rate series 1 at 82% and series 2 at 87%.

Thankfully it seems the number of musical interludes seems to be lessening with each episode ... too many songs made the pilot really tedious IMO.

Wendell Pierce is basically Bunk with a trombone instead of a suit

Clarke Peters (Lester Freeman) ... is a scary badass!

John Goodman is an intellectual

As much as I like Steve Zahn is small doses ... so far he's been on screen way too much for my liking.

Comment

• True Blood got better after that horrible first episode ... but it is nothing more than throwaway fluff these days ... when it started, it seemed to have a lot more going on.

Into the second season of Treme now ... it definitely gets better as you get to know the characters (like most HBO series). I have to say though, that this series has really missed a trick by not interjecting the series with flashbacks to the actual events of the hurricane ... how the characters dealt with the events etc. There is a real sense of drama and suspense missing that would elevate this into a great series. I know the point is to try and capture the essence of New Orleans in the aftermath of the tragedy, but it would be so much better if it had a little more bite

At the end of the first season there was a brief flashback ... but nothing since ... probably a budgeting issue.

Comment

• how much has Entourage sucked this season?

Comment

• In some other thread I insulted Spartacus after watching the first episode or two. Well I kept watching and it kept getting better. Slowly at first but by ep 5 or 6 it hits its stride. Ending was felt a little rushed but overall this is one of the few shows I'm looking forward to another season of.
                            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• I watched an episode of Whale Wars a few nights ago and thought it was super intense. They follow a group of environmentalists trying to stop whaling ships, and **** gets crazy. 40 ton ships trying to stop 2000 ton ships, bombing them, trying to taint the meat so it's unsellable... You don't need to care about the issue to appreciate the dedication in these people's lives. Apparently a few of them have died in the filming of the series. I'm just starting from the beginning now.

Party Down is a great comedy series. There's 2 seasons, and I guess it's done, but it's filled with funny people.

Superjail is something most here would hate. Maybe Bucky would enjoy it? It's better if you watch it on drugs.

Delocated is pretty funny. It's a fake reality tv show about a family in the witness protection program, and they all wear masks and have their voices messed up.

Anybody watch Community? It's like Big Bang Theory, in that there's an aspergers character, except this show is actually funny.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                                Anybody watch Community? It's like Big Bang Theory, in that there's an aspergers character, except this show is actually funny.
                                I think we discussed Community someplace in this thread, or maybe at the old site. I did miss most of this past season, but I find it hysterical. I find they have classic episodes, or they miss completely.

Comment

Working...
                                X