Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with a breakup

We dated for just shy of 6 months.

She has her son Mon/Wed nights and every other weekend.

The reason the relationship ended: her work schedule changed and whereas she used to be done at 3pm Tue/Thu and start late the next morning, she now works until 8 or 9 Tue/Thu and at 7 the next morning, so no more sleepovers, and even dates were difficult. The relationship was gradually suffocated. Her advice: you're great, lets stay friends because things might be different in the future, don't date a single mother.

Any advice?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Get over her by getting under another one

Best advice I ever got

Comment

I can't tell you what to do in your case, but I can say for certain that eliminating single mothers from the potential dating pool will eliminate a tremendous number of wonderful, caring, beautiful, desirable potential partners.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post

Best advice I ever got
        Wow, Jason has over 34,000 posts since January 2011???? No wonder he's tired.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          Any advice?
          Did you see her as a potential long-term partner, derailed only by the schedule change? Or were there other issues that might have doomed the relationship eventually anyway?

If the latter, then try to move on as soon as you can.

If the former, stay in touch, but don't put your life on hold for her.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

MJ: Well said. However, I tend to be single for long periods and probably won't be successful if my mission is to get laid.

Lucky: I agree. On our first date we talked about our kids and I felt she understood my situation (I don't see my daughter due to an 'uncooperative' ex, which is another thread). Dating a single mother wasn't ideal and I didn't like how she doted on him and ignored me when the three of us were together (I'm exaggerating a bit) but she was great, especially during months 2-3 which were the honeymoon phase.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
              Did you see her as a potential long-term partner, derailed only by the schedule change? Or were there other issues that might have doomed the relationship eventually anyway?

If the latter, then try to move on as soon as you can.

If the former, stay in touch, but don't put your life on hold for her.
              More the former. Like I said, we had a few great months before life got in the way.

Comment

Tough situation and my sympathies to you. This kind of thing is no fun at all and I wish I had some magic formula to help. I do agree with Lucky not to completely eliminate single mothers. But I have to say, that certainly creates a whole lot of problems.
                “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

There seems to be something more going on here. I take it that she is the one that ended the relationship do to scheduling conficts?

I don't know, seems to me feelings are moving in a forward direction to the possibility of long term, you don't let inconvenience stand in the way. Seems like a cop out or a good excuse to end it.

I am sorry for your pain.

I agree that you should not rule out single mothers. I would also add that any woman that I would want to be involved with would put their children in front of me. If they do not, that would be a red flag for any type of future.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      There seems to be something more going on here. I take it that she is the one that ended the relationship do to scheduling conficts?

I don't know, seems to me feelings are moving in a forward direction to the possibility of long term, you don't let inconvenience stand in the way. Seems like a cop out or a good excuse to end it.

I am sorry for your pain.

I agree that you should not rule out single mothers. I would also add that any woman that I would want to be involved with would put their children in front of me. If they do not, that would be a red flag for any type of future.
                      Agree on all points.
                      “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                      -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

She has been wrestling with this for a while. She told me a couple times recently that she talked to her sister about it and couldn't see it working out short term. She and I first talked a few weeks ago and she expressed concern that "we aren't building anything" due to the lack of time spent together. She also had little to no time for her friends and that was weighing on her. I don't think she would have taken 3 weeks to decide if she knew she wanted out.

I believe that we are on the same page and that she was honest with me. She did a good job of hiding how chaotic her life has been trying to balance everything.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                          She has been wrestling with this for a while. She told me a couple times recently that she talked to her sister about it and couldn't see it working out short term. She and I first talked a few weeks ago and she expressed concern that "we aren't building anything" due to the lack of time spent together. She also had little to no time for her friends and that was weighing on her. I don't think she would have taken 3 weeks to decide if she knew she wanted out.

I believe that we are on the same page and that she was honest with me. She did a good job of hiding how chaotic her life has been trying to balance everything.
                          Then you are most fortunate to have it end know instead of letting your feelings continue to grow.

I hope that you find the right woman for yourself.

Take time to heal up, it seems we find the keepers when we are not looking too hard.

Comment

Thanks to all of you for your kind words. I know time heals all wounds, and believe in taking time to grieve.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post

Best advice I ever got
                              Done. And she knew this phrase. We've been friends for a few years. Lets hope it works.

Comment

Working...
                              X