Weekly vs. daily lineups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly vs. daily lineups

Do most of your leagues use daily or weekly lineup changes?

We're going into our 12th year and for the duration of our league we've used daily lineups. To compete you really, really need to manage your roster every single day rotating starters/relievers and hitters to get the most possible innings or ABs depending on off-days, injuries, etc. As a rule I've always liked this flexibility, but as a 42-year-old Dad with less and less time I'm hoping to convince our league to move to weekly lineups this year. Just curious what the "norm" is around here, if any, or if there any big downsides to weekly.

we use weekly and while daily lineups are more reflective of baseball and better in terms of not getting stuck with a zero for the week, they are also a lot more demanding on owners and some complain too time consuming.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Funnily enough, my fledgling league here in Dublin is probably moving to daily lineups this year. I'd started it with weekly lineups but a lot of these guys have never known anything but daily, so want to change. I've put it up to the vote anyway.

I actually much prefer weekly, with that one big strategic decisions to take each Sunday night, particularly on the pitching side.

Comment

My main league is daily and we only have owners who can hack the day to day. Otherwise, peace out. I don't like weekly myself because I feel too detached.
        Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Both leagues are daily and i like it much more than weekly. It takes me maybe a minute or two to set lineups.

Comment

My main league is weekly because there are some long-time owners who would just freak out if they had to do daily. Heck, there's one guy who still phones in his FA bids to the commish because he's almost never online.

I get my daily lineup-decision fix from Mock One and any other ad hoc free leagues I end up in.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I've done both and I much prefer weekly.

Too much comes up in life on a daily basis to make sure you can set your lineups daily.

In my opinion setting lineups once a week makes for competition based on knowledge and strategy more so than time spent online and manipulating games played and the schedule. (it's one reason I don't play fantasy basketball anymore.)

A couple years ago one of my prime leagues actually had a twice weekly schedule (M-Th and Fri-Sun) it worked reasonably well but went back weekly when we changed to CBSSports as our host site.
              Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

I'm in one of each. The daily is fun, but with my job I can't get access to the site to make transactions timely.

Comment

Working...
                X