Scotus 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotus 2020

Question...Do senators need to vote in person to confirm a SCOTUS? If so, this Nominee might be F*cked as there are now 3+ GOP Senators quarantined for 14 days and that might not be the end of the infected. McConnell has asked for 14 day delay to senate business. Schumer MUST agree--I doubt he will, Does that mean the Dems for 14 days control both houses?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Yes to your question, but McConnell remains head of the Senate. So nothing comes to the floor that he doesn’t clear/
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Yes to your question, but McConnell remains head of the Senate. So nothing comes to the floor that he doesn’t clear/
      What about items already on the docket for the next 10 days?
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        What about items already on the docket for the next 10 days?
        McConnell can pull anything he wants off the floor. Pelosi could do the same in the House. Control of when bills come to the floor is the real power of the two leaders of Congress

Comment

In an email to GOP senators obtained by CNN, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell detailed the changes in the Senate schedule and made it clear he needs all Republican senators back by Oct. 19.

“The Senate will go into pro forma session until October 19th. On that day, we will need all Republican Senators back and healthy to ensure we have a quorum,” he said.

It’s another sign that he has little margin for error to get Judge Amy Coney Barrett confirmed by the election.

However, if Sens. Thom Tillis and Mike Lee – the two GOP senators on the Senate Judiciary who tested positive for Covid-19 – are unable to return, Democrats will be able to deny them a quorum during the vote on Barrett’s nomination.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            However, if Sens. Thom Tillis and Mike Lee – the two GOP senators on the Senate Judiciary who tested positive for Covid-19 – are unable to return, Democrats will be able to deny them a quorum during the vote on Barrett’s nomination.
            Plans have already been created and materials purchased for temporary isolation areas in the Senate gallery should any Senators need to come in while infected and vote.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Plans have already been created and materials purchased for temporary isolation areas in the Senate gallery should any Senators need to come in while infected and vote.
              Yeah, you can trust Republicans.... disease carrying anti-science shitbags.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
              X