Interesting CBSSports Feature Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting CBSSports Feature Series

CBSSports.com began a series today which will run daily up until pitchers and catchers report. The premise of the series is to go position by position and rank players based on their fantasy value for the next three years.

Today's position is 1st base, here is the link . . .

#1 is as expected Mr. Pujols

I was pleasantly surprised with #9 on their list being Kendry Morales as I have him locked up for the next 3 years at 6-11-16.

Should be an interesting series to follow here on RJ.
    Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

I wanted to note that CBS has 3 of their writers ranking the players, and only one of them is doing it from a purely fantasy perspective. One of the writers actually states in his criteria that he is looking at the all around game of the players. This writer actually has Barton ranked I believe 6th at 1st base. His argument is froma defensive, OBP, and age perspective Barton ranks very high, and I understand and agree with his points. However in my perspective a 1st baseman has to be able to provide power and major run production, and don't see Barton providing those aspects.
    Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Yeah, Barton jumped out at me too. If they are only going 9 deep, it's pretty much just another fluff piece for the casual fan. It's a shame, because it seems like it could be an interesting topic that would have been obvious, yet I've never really seen it presented that way. Perhaps we can do a better job with the premise here.
      Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Only listing the results through #9 was strange, I may try to get a response from as to why that was.

Comment

Apparently they are giving a Top 9 at each position because the series is based on 9 positions.

Oddly enough the 2nd base list has 10 players because a tie at #9.

1. Cano
          2. Pedroia
          3. Utley
          4. Kinsler
          5. Uggla
          6. Phillips
          7. Weeks
          8. Beckham
          9a. Hill
          9b. Johnson

(Seems strange they had a tie at 9, when they should of had a tie at #2 based on their scoring system.)
          Last edited by kldub4life; 02-02-2011, 12:48 PM.

Comment

3rd Base

1a: Longoria
            1b: Zimmerman
            3: Wright
            4: Beltre
            5: Rodriguez
            6: Youklis
            7: McGehee
            8: Ramirez
            9: Reynolds

Remeber this list is looking at the next 3 years of value.

The 3rd base rankings are quite interesting to me.

A. Zimmerman and Longoria tied at #1

B. Beltre at #4, they like him being in Arlington

C. I like Reynolds ahead of McGehee and Ramirez (Especially Ramirez when considering the next 3 years.)

Comment

Surprised somewhat with Rollins as I believe the downturn has already began, and looking over the next 3 years I don's see it. Maybe its expected production for the next 3 years but come this time in 2013 (2 year mark) and 2014 (3 year mark) Rollins won't still be in the top 10.

I like Ian Desmond, by the 2012 season I expect Desmond to be a perrennial 20/20 guy with a 280 avg. The breakout may not come this year but it will come. To me the only question is will his defensive progress with his bat, I think it will.

Comment

Working...
              X