Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things I USED to think, that I've changed my mind on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things I USED to think, that I've changed my mind on...

1)I used to think college athletes should not get paid.

College athletes should bet some type of monetary compensation for playing and bringing in millions to the school. (I don't know how or what a good system would be, but sheesh.) Yes, I know they get the educations if they want, but a little walking around money would be nice. I know this would open a giant can of worms, but I think it's worth some serious study.

2) I used to think that NLF TD celebrations should be banned.

The NFL should allow celebrations after TD's as long as there is no use of props other than the ball itself (and a player could go to the ground, however, they could not remove their helmet. What I would do is have a clock that started ticking as soon as the TD is scored and give the team a set amount of time to get the PAT attempt snapped. I'd also make the penalty for not getting the PAT attempt snapped the loss of the attempt, not just a weak yardage penalty that turns the easy kick into a slightly harder kick.

I have to disagree... players betting in college sports would be a disaster.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I'm pretty sure Steve meant "get some" type of monetary compensation.

college kids bet some and get some every night, if they're lucky

Hey Otter Man,

I disagree on the college players. Putting money there will not work.

I agree on the celebrations. Let them play and have fun. Set a time limit would be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by SMELL THE GLOVE View Post
        I'm pretty sure Steve meant "get some" type of monetary compensation.

college kids bet some and get some every night, if they're lucky

Hey Otter Man,

I disagree on the college players. Putting money there will not work.

I agree on the celebrations. Let them play and have fun. Set a time limit would be ok.
        I go back and forth on paying college athletes. and yes, I meant "get some" not "bet some".

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          The NFL should allow celebrations after TD's as long as there is no use of props other than the ball itself (and a player could go to the ground, however, they could not remove their helmet. What I would do is have a clock that started ticking as soon as the TD is scored and give the team a set amount of time to get the PAT attempt snapped. I'd also make the penalty for not getting the PAT attempt snapped the loss of the attempt, not just a weak yardage penalty that turns the easy kick into a slightly harder kick.
          This is an otterly inspired idea.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
          X