BBA 2011 Prospects book $40!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBA 2011 Prospects book $40!?

I was looking for the 2011 BBA Prospects book on Amazon and it said it was not released yet (2/15). I thought that I would head over to BBA and check on getting it there, knowing it would be more but did not want to wait. They have it listed at $32.95 + $6.50 shipping, for almost $40!!! That's DOUBLE what it costs at Amazon! FWIW, I realize Amazon sells much of their stuff at cost (or even a loss), but charging twice the amount is just bad business. It's no wonder the book business is going under (Border's etc).

I'm showing it as $19.03 with free super saver shipping. When I ordered I qualified for some $10.00 discount too. Maybe I'm special.

Comment

He is quoting the Baseball America website price as being almost $40.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        He is quoting the Baseball America website price as being almost $40.
        Gotcha. Duh.

Comment

Amazon just lowered the price to $16.48

Comment

I wish I had checked Amazon before I committed to pay that inflated price to BA

Comment

Originally posted by FBP View Post
              I wish I had checked Amazon before I committed to pay that inflated price to BA
              Always check the Amazon price for any book, DVD, or CD. Even if the item price is slightly more than another site, the free shipping ($25 or more) often makes it a better deal.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by osubuxx View Post
                Amazon just lowered the price to $16.48
                Here's the link: http://amzn.com/1932391347
                "Which is worse: ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?"

"Sixty eight percent of Republicans don't believe in evolution. On the other hand, only five percent of monkeys believe in Republicans."
                ---Stephen Colbert

2002 & 2010 HCBB Champion --- http://hcbb.info

Comment

Working...
                X