Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day 2011

Lest we forget...

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Anyone that puts 6 years into the US Military deserves US Citizenship I say.....
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

so is it a day off for you slackers?
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        Anyone that puts 6 years into the US Military deserves US Citizenship I say.....
        Service in Wartime

All immigrants who have served honorably on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces or as a member of the Selected Ready Reserve on or after September 11, 2001 are eligible to file for immediate citizenship under the special wartime provisions in Section 329 of the INA. This section also covers veterans of designated past wars and conflicts.

Service in Peacetime

Section 328 of the INA applies to all members of the U.S. Armed Forces or those already discharged from service. An individual may qualify for naturalization if he or she has:

Served honorably for at least one year.
        Obtained lawful permanent resident status.
        an application while still in the service or within six months of separation.
        It took 25 years of service in the Auxillia to qualify for Roman citizenship. I like our way better
        "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Thanks to all who serve and served!!

Planting the garden today..tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, jalepenos, cukes, and zucchini

Also planted some sunflowers.

Happy Memorial Day to all.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
          X