creepy NJ story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creepy NJ story

A New Jersey family bought their ideal home. But according to the creepy letters they started to get, they weren’t the only ones interested in it.

if this was my house, I'd throw up a 10 foot fence and have 3 pit bulls running around
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    https://www.thecut.com/2018/11/the-h....html#comments

if this was my house, I'd throw up a 10 foot fence and have 3 pit bulls running around
    That's in the town next to me. So weird.

Comment

a buddy of mine used to live in Westfield.

story mentions a dumpster - he, too, did extensive renovations, and the dumpster was in the front yard for weeks.

I'm not saying the town is snooty or anything, but neighbors bitched about the dumpster and he even got an anonymous letter from a neighbor saying that the pink flamingo ornaments he stuck on the lawn "didn't fit the character of the neighborhood."

so he responded by buying some lawn jockeys, including a few that might seem a little dicey. he figured that might make him more welcomed.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Jesus, what a horror story. It is scary to think a family can be threatened and stalked and run out of their home and scores of experts and top FBI agents can be hired and not a single person can offer any help at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
          https://www.thecut.com/2018/11/the-h....html#comments

I heard this story on the radio this am but admit that I wasn't sure what I'd do if this were me ... yeah, I think this is the right answer
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            I heard this story on the radio this am but admit that I wasn't sure what I'd do if this were me ... yeah, I think this is the right answer
            I do like that answer. But I would be willing to bet that community has rules for fences and probably outlaw pittys.

Creepy story. Not sure what I would do if I was in their shoes. If it was just my wife and me I think I would stay. The potential danger to the kids, probably have to leave.

Comment

This is a tremendous piece of journalism by NY Magazine. A real pleasure to read it. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                I do like that answer. But I would be willing to bet that community has rules for fences and probably outlaw pittys.

Creepy story. Not sure what I would do if I was in their shoes. If it was just my wife and me I think I would stay. The potential danger to the kids, probably have to leave.
                yeah, I too was thinking about the regulations, but in that situation, seriously who cares?

Or maybe one of those stone walls that you see in some countries with shards of broken glass cemented on the top.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                  yeah, I too was thinking about the regulations, but in that situation, seriously who cares?

Or maybe one of those stone walls that you see in some countries with shards of broken glass cemented on the top.
                  my answer would be "catch the guy and I'll take down my fence" until then "SUCK IT"
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    This is a tremendous piece of journalism by NY Magazine. A real pleasure to read it. Thanks for sharing.
                    I agree. I felt it but did not articulate it. I am glad you did.

While I was reading it, I was thinking how well this was written. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Working...
                    X