Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polamalu: Defensive player of the year

The man is simply the best.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

I'm pretty surprised he beat out Clay Matthews Jr. for the award.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      I'm pretty surprised he beat out Clay Matthews Jr. for the award.
      The vote was very close. Polamalu probably got the, "I can't believe he made THAT play" vote from some to give him the win.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

We have also seen the impact of having Polamalu out of the Steeler defense.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

No offense to Troy but Matthews was the POY this year.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            No offense to Troy but Matthews was the POY this year.
            No he wasn't, Troy was Do you see what troy does? No other defensive player is as disruptive as Polamalu or makes more game changing plays than he does. I see Polamalu every game so of course I am a bit biased, but I can't imagine Mathews, as great as he is, as better than Polamalu.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              No he wasn't, Troy was Do you see what troy does? No other defensive player is as disruptive as Polamalu or makes more game changing plays than he does. I see Polamalu every game so of course I am a bit biased, but I can't imagine Mathews, as great as he is, as better than Polamalu.
              I see what Troy does and I watched a lot of Packers games and Matthews was a machine . Your biased so I expect you to say Troy was better this year. 13.5 sacks is very disruptive to me. I think Troyedged Clay out due to rep.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I see what Troy does and I watched a lot of Packers games and Matthews was a machine . Your biased so I expect you to say Troy was better this year. 13.5 sacks is very disruptive to me. I think Troyedged Clay out due to rep.
                Is Mathews even better than James Harrison? Probably not. So maybe Harrison was short-changed. Harrison is a freaking beast. The man gets held more often than not and still crushes.

I think Harrison should have won.

Comment

Is Mathews even better than James Harrison? Probably not. So maybe Harrison was short-changed. Harrison is a freaking beast. The man gets held more often than not and still crushes.

I think Harrison should have won.
                  yes Matthews was better than Harrison this past season. For you to bring it up kinda shines your homerism even more.

Comment

yes Matthews was better than Harrison this past season. For you to bring it up kinda shines your homerism even more.
                    Why was Mathews better? Sounds to me like you dislike the Steelers as much as you consider me a homer.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      Stop. Homertime.

It clearly should have gone to Nnamdi Asomugha. 33 passes thrown at him all year. 14 passes completed and no TDs.
                      WOW. that is indeed pretty amazing. (aren't you a raider fan?)

Comment

Why was Mathews better? Sounds to me like you dislike the Steelers as much as you consider me a homer.
                        I dont hate the Steelers at all. I am a big fan of Troy. Not crazy about Harrison due to his head hunting but dont hate him. Harrison affected games negatively with his personal fouls and while he is a beast on the field, Matthews created havoc seemingly every play.

Troy wasnt a bad choice. Just not the best choice.

Comment

I know Revis has a down year with the hamstring injury but I saw a stat that he did not commit a penalty all season. Pretty impressive.

BTW, Clay Matthews should have won.
                          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Merrill Hoge said today that Polamalu is the only DB he has ever seen that can line up inside the box and then play the deep man in cover 2.

Comment

Of course we as Steeler fans are going to say Troy was a fine choice. It was a close vote, they are both good. I would say Troy got the votes because it was his turn. He has had nagging to more than nagging injuries for the last few years, but has always been great when on the field. He played enough this year to let the voters give him the nod. I am sure Matthews will get his in the next few years.

Anyway I don't care who wins these awards, the only one that matters is being given out Sunday. Go Steelers!

Comment

Working...
                              X