Staying up late.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staying up late.

What is the latest you have stayed up having fun in the last 365 days.

New Years Eve 4:00 am. Hanging at my house.

Went to an out of town wedding, lights out 2:00 am.

It is not uncommon for me to go to bed at 1:00 am. The 4:00-5:00 am not so much.

How about you?

made it to just past 2am one evening - late show + drinks after ... but staying out past midnight is pretty uncommon, we're definitely more early risers
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I worked 76 hours with 3 hours of sleep a month or so ago... that wasn't for fun though.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Although I have young kids now, and they wake me up early, I still can't break my night owl habits from much of my adult life. Between a flexible schedule in grad school and much of my career, I'd fallen into the habit of staying up until 4am or later. Now I'm asleep by 2am at the latest, but I can't seem to get myself to go to sleep and stay asleep before midnight, even though I'm waking up by 7am. 12:30-1am is normal for me now and I guess I've just gotten used to functioning on about 6 hours of sleep a night. If I go to sleep earlier than that, to try to get 8 hours, I'll wake up at some point and lose the hour or two of sleep I thought I'd gain by going to sleep earlier.

Comment

Maybe 1:30 or 2 on a poker night. The little ones plus a 1:20 commute to and from work wipe me out much earlier these days. I don't even think I made it to midnight for New Years this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Although I have young kids now, and they wake me up early, I still can't break my night owl habits from much of my adult life. Between a flexible schedule in grad school and much of my career, I'd fallen into the habit of staying up until 4am or later. Now I'm asleep by 2am at the latest, but I can't seem to get myself to go to sleep and stay asleep before midnight, even though I'm waking up by 7am. 12:30-1am is normal for me now and I guess I've just gotten used to functioning on about 6 hours of sleep a night. If I go to sleep earlier than that, to try to get 8 hours, I'll wake up at some point and lose the hour or two of sleep I thought I'd gain by going to sleep earlier.
            Very similar to me. Used to be 4 am, now its usually 12 or 1 am, but I wake up feeling good on 6 hours of sleep, whereas my wife can stretch to a 12+ hour "are you alive?!" kinda sleep-in. I rarely sleep past 6 hours now, and stopped using an alarm clock a few years ago.

I still go to concerts that go past 2 am, and half the time I'm yawning and trying to avoid passing out at a table.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

If I’m up past 1:30am I kind of get horrified. Even on NYE I think it was 2am tops. A typical night is 12:30.

Comment

when you stay up for 3 day straight you start seeing weird things while driving down the road. i would see things popping out from behind trees wearing top hats, and then tipping their hat and then disappearing behind the tree.

im trying to change it but staying up late doesn't contain a meaning for me since i have no concept of day to day time. or a biological clock. i obliterated mine long ago. i don't even need sunlight. i wake up and go to bed whenever.

ironically it's getting laid off and not working nights anymore that will force me to get back on a human clock.

Comment

I am routinely up past 1:00 AM. Maybe 4:00 some night that I didn't feel like turning in.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

people should make a habit of trying to watch the sun come up as much as they can. ..although it's much better when stoned and up all night. i recommend listening to pink floyd animals.

Last edited by ; 09-21-2018, 02:48 AM.

Comment

have you ever listened to music as a guy and realized how it's directed to you in this fatality type of way. like how you'd be listening to Metallica or Bad Company (not as much as most women like the superstar song, and the making love one) and you're GF would be like wtf. i have definitely noticed this. our music kind of sucks. i still like it but, it's not exactly as positive as it should be. i guess.

i attribute it to this evolutionary fatal sense of going out and hunting and dying or getting injured that's still there in us. i don't know.

i still say Pink Floyd Animals is the best album to listen to while watching a sunrise.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                        when you stay up for 3 day straight you start seeing weird things while driving down the road. i would see things popping out from behind trees wearing top hats, and then tipping their hat and then disappearing behind the tree.
                        maybe it's just that at those times your senses are attuned to see things that mere mortals can't.

And Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii would be great for sunrises too.
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post

i still say Pink Floyd Animals is the best album to listen to while watching a sunrise.
                          Yes, yes it is.

Comment

Working...
                          X