men reach peak desirability at age 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• men reach peak desirability at age 50

it's one of those cruel jokes of nature... i think there are different reasons. women mature faster, and our brain structure not only matures slower but is set up slightly different. i don't know about everyone else but i really didn't start understanding everything in life until i was at least in my 40's. although i am not saying a woman in her 20's would have as much wisdom as a man 50. but she would have close to the same self control brainwise. so i wonder how neurology factors in to it.

so i don't want attribute things to physical appearance. on the other hand i don't look 50. and it's kind of like the fight club. even though i finally feel wise, i also feel like a 40 year old boy. when is a man finally supposed to feel like an adult?

financial security is obviously also a factor. it's just really odd the big difference in age. if men become more desirable as we become more financially secure, it also would mean women become less desirable the more successful. that doesn't make sense.

if it is looks though, than i got my 50's to look forward too. as according to statistics i am hot to trot.

Desire by whom? Same age or ?? One night stands or long term relationship?

Does past marital status make a difference?

50 year old man never been married, 50 year old widower, 50 year old divorced?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Desire by whom? Same age or ?? One night stands or long term relationship?

Does past marital status make a difference?

50 year old man never been married, 50 year old widower, 50 year old divorced?
      50 year old with cash
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        50 year old with cash
        The desire is not for the 50 year old, but for the cash. To a 23 year old who is desiring the cash an 85 year old man would be much more desirable.

Comment

What's the source for this? I'm curious how the survey questions were posed, as well as the age of the respondents. Ultimately, I think men are more visual and women more holistic in assessing "desirability".

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
            What's the source for this? I'm curious how the survey questions were posed, as well as the age of the respondents. Ultimately, I think men are more visual and women more holistic in assessing "desirability".
            a google image search turned this up:

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              a google image search turned this up:

http://advances.sciencemag.org/conte...eaap9815?rss=1
              Interesting. I'm not sure I buy the methodology, as it would seem to be impacted by the demographics and scarcity of participants in the online dating market by sex and age in a way that is not accounted for by their method for assessing "desirability".

Comment

this was the article i read https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...league/567083/
                most online-dating users tend to message people exactly 25 percent more desirable than they are.
                The most popular individual in our four cities, a 30-year-old woman living in New York, received 1504 messages during the period of observation,” the study says. This is equivalent to one message every 30 min, day and night, for the entire month.” Yikes.
                also, i heard that single men in NYC are more desirable than most other men in other cities because women outnumber them. so if you're a woman looking for a single man in NYC, you have your work cut out for you. i also think they said men in NYC wait the longest to get married because of it. or women say NYC men take the longest to commit.

of course you could move to Russia where women outnumber men substantially. this also reflects well on Russia as women are usually born more than men. so apparently they value their female population perhaps more than most other countries, which is actually becoming a worldwide trend most everywhere.
                Last edited by ; 09-05-2018, 04:30 PM.

Comment

I can't wait to let my wife know about this. I'll turn 50 about this time next year. I'll make sure she knows I might have to go back on the market.

Comment

Working...
                  X