John McCain - Rest In Peace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John McCain - Rest In Peace

This one hurts. It’s odd as deaths of politicians don’t usually bother me. Regardless of what our Presidebt says or thinks, John McCain was an American Hero, both as a solider and as a politician. He was one of the last true Republicans and one of the few who stood his ground.

This is my opinion and I have no interest in debating it.

And, oh by the way, Cancer sucks!
    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
    This one hurts. It’s odd as deaths of politicians don’t usually bother me. Regardless of what our Presidebt says or thinks, John McCain was an American Hero, both as a solider and as a politician. He was one of the last true Republicans and one of the few who stood his ground.

This is my opinion and I have no interest in debating it.

And, oh by the way, Cancer sucks!
    Agree 100%...he had his faults, we all do. But in the end, he was an enormously decent man who was a rare breed in Washington.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Agree 100%...he had his faults, we all do. But in the end, he was an enormously decent man who was a rare breed in Washington.

didnt always agree with him, but you knew he had principles, and that he was a true patriot
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Yep, I certainly disagreed with a lot of his decisions, but he served his country with honor and dignity, RIP.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

It is my sincere hope that our politics return to having men and women of principle and dignity like McCain rise up to lead again. I didn't often agree with him, but I always respected him. Just how lucky we were to have a man like him serving the country has never been clearer to me than in the moment we now find ourselves. The only solace I take in his passing is that the legacy of honor and integrity he leaves behind will eventually greatly outshine the vileness and callousness of the trolls who seemed to hope for this moment, and the man they so blindly serve they would stoop so low as to besmirch a dying life long servant of our country, and revel in the passing of a hero.
          Last edited by Sour Masher; 08-25-2018, 09:20 PM.

Comment

John McCain was a true American hero. RIP.

Comment

Politics was his job, but unlike other politicians he didn't let that job get in the way of building relationships with his rivals. Maybe he took Don Corleone's advice to heart and kept his friends close and his enemies closer. John McCain once took on Hillary Clinton in a drinking contest. It was at a restaurant in Estonia in 2004, during a congressional tour. Both politicians managed four shots of vodka. The rules were unclear, but Hillary, McCain's one-time political rival, was declared the winner, according to the restaurant proprietor.

We can all learn from John McCain. RIP.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

John McCain requested that former Presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush deliver eulogies at his funeral and that current President Donald Trump not be invited. McCain gets in the final shot.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Washington Post reports Trump rejected a planned White House statement praising John McCain for his service in favor of a BS tweet. Pretty predictable from this childish buffoon.

I think McCain has both great and awful moments in his public service life, but is ultimately worthy of heaps of praise and respect for the high points. Setting the tone of civility at the highest level of government by airing such childish personal grudges in public is absolutely pathetic and degrading to your country. Sad.

President Trump put the kibosh on a White House statement that praised John McCain as a “hero” — and instead decided to issue a tweet that only mentioned the late senator’s family, a report said Sunday.

An official West Wing statement that commended the Vietnam war hero for his service to the nation was drafted by White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Chief of Staff John Kelly before McCain’s death on Saturday, according to The Washington Post.

But Trump nixed the idea, insisting that he’d like to issue a tweet instead, the paper reported.

“My deepest sympathies and respect go out to the family of Senator John McCain. Our hearts and prayers are with you!” Trump tweeted on Saturday.
                  https://nypost.com/2018/08/26/trump-...mccains-death/
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

While I always thought his maverick/moderate/bi-partisan rhetoric wasn't matched by his legislative record, I do respect the heck out of his military heroism and sacrifice and his personal decency. He will be missed, particularly as decency has become far too scarce.

Comment

my biggest issue with McCain is two words, Sarah Palin
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                        my biggest issue with McCain is two words, Sarah Palin
                        I view that and the Keating Five S&L scandal as the two biggest stains on his record.

Comment

Wasnt he a warmonger?
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

"Bomb-bomb-bomb... bomb-bomb Iran!"

He was a literal cheerleader for the military industrial complex. But he's not a major outlier in that regard.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                              "Bomb-bomb-bomb... bomb-bomb Iran!"
                              Is that to the tune of Smoke on the Water?

If yes is that a thing or did you just make that up.

Comment

Working...
                              X