Jim Jordan scandal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Jordan scandal

Just wondering what folks are thinking about Jim Jordan right now. Ohio's 4th district Representative has changed his story about his knowledge of sexual abuse that happened while he was the assistant coach of a wrestling program. Despite several former student athletes providing detailed descriptions of how and what Jordan knew, he claimed that it was all lies, saying "I was never aware of any abuse", and the classic "isnt this an interesting time to come out with allegations", to an even bolder stance "I've contacted the police regarding harassment from these alleged abuse victims because they sent me an email" (you can Google for exact quotes)... all of this after admitting he was aware the school doctor regularly showered with the team for up to an hour... or that Jordan had once proclaimed to his students that if the abuser tried anything on Jordan himself, Jordan would shut it down. Wow, what a heroic stance, if this creep ever tries the crap on me that he does with you kids, THEN I'll take care of it.

Now he's changed his tune, saying "anything that was told to me in confidence in the locker room does not count as an admission of abuse because it wasn't in a formal setting"...

As a victim of sexual abuse (not the point of this post, but I think it adds context to my position), I think Jim Jordan is a sick and pathetic piece of human trash that deserves unwillfull ass poundings until he dies. Let me be clear, I don't wish him to die from the ass poundings. I want him to live a long and tortured life, just like the kids he refused to help. Call it the "Fresno Bob Solution"...

Anyone else with thoughts on this?
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

I wasn't familiar with this situation. Those statements are abhorrent. That he would actually admit to hearing about abuse, but then say it doesn't count as him knowing about it and doing nothing, because the pleas to him for help from these kids wasn't in a "formal setting" is sickening. I'm with you. As long as reprisals against him aren't in a "formal setting," I'm sure he won't have a problem with them--they won't count, right?

Comment

Another Joe Paterno proclaiming his innocence. Yeah right.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I wasn't familiar with this situation. Those statements are abhorrent. That he would actually admit to hearing about abuse, but then say it doesn't count as him knowing about it and doing nothing, because the pleas to him for help from these kids wasn't in a "formal setting" is sickening. I'm with you. As long as reprisals against him aren't in a "formal setting," I'm sure he won't have a problem with them--they won't count, right?
        To be clear, he's now repeatedly stating that "locker room talk is different than being told about abuse." But he's also refusing that any knowledge of abuse was shared in the locker room either., so it's a pretty strange story he's trying to sell.

If I were responsible for not stopping a serial abuser, I'd probably kill myself or become a monk or something... this guy has no shame, attacking the credibility of 2 of the victims while saying "I have no idea why these others are joining in... but it sure seems like strange timing that when I'm being spoken about as the next speaker of the house, this all comes to light now."

Classic playbook.

1) Smear the victims as liars seeking fame or whatever (just like all those other celebrity abuse victims, right?)...

2) Mention the poor timing, hinting that it's all a political attack with no merit.

3) Repeat the cycle on every cable news show and hope Republicans just don't care. They largely rallied behind Roy Moore, an actual abuser, so it's likely they'll rally behind this sick piece of garbage
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

there is no way you wouldn't stop a serial abuser if you knew about it
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
            there is no way you wouldn't stop a serial abuser if you knew about it
            I think if he said something along the lines of "I saw and heard about incidents at the time, which upon reflection, I should have taken more seriously and investigated or informed other authorities. It was a day and age when men rarely spoke up of sexual abuse, and I'm glad that day is past and we now wish to help the victims heal, and get to the truth of the matter." That would be an attempt at honesty that would be admirable The transgression is in smearing 7 victims as liars and political actors. Its sick and messed up, the absolute lack of accountability.

Are you saying that you believe Jim Jordan believes he's telling the truth that he wasn't aware of sexual abuse, or are you doubting the 7 alleged victims who all claim Jordan knew?

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post

Are you saying that you believe Jim Jordan believes he's telling the truth that he wasn't aware of sexual abuse, or are you doubting the 7 alleged victims who all claim Jordan knew?
              I'm saying that you, Teenwolf, would not let that shit go by without doing something. Jordan knew something was hinky, and just didn't "want to know for sure", or worse, knew it and didn't do anything
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Any more action on this scandal especially since Jordan wants a more important role in the house?

Comment

Working...
                X