Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pittsburgh police shoot and kill 17 year old black kid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pittsburgh police shoot and kill 17 year old black kid.

A video of the shooting, which occurred after a traffic stop, shows two people running from police vehicles as three shots are fired.

Seems like a situation that makes the shooting hard to determine if the cop was justified or not.

Car was possibly traced to an earlier shooting. Passenger takes off from the police. Officer has to decide in a split second if the kid has a gun because of the possibility of the earlier shooting. If cop lets kid just get away, could the kid be a threat to others?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

[QUOTE=Mithrandir;306863]https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/20/u...-shooting.html

Seems like a situation that makes the shooting hard to determine if the cop was justified or not.

Car was possibly traced to an earlier shooting. Passenger takes off from the police. Officer has to decide in a split second if the kid has a gun because of the possibility of the earlier shooting. If cop lets kid just get away, could the kid be a threat to others?[/QUOTE]

Without reading the article I'd question if shooting someone because they might possibly be a threat to others is a good policy.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

[QUOTE=The Feral Slasher;306873]
      Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/20/u...-shooting.html

Car was possibly traced to an earlier shooting. Passenger takes off from the police. Officer has to decide in a split second if the kid has a gun because of the possibility of the earlier shooting. If cop lets kid just get away, could the kid be a threat to others?[/QUOTE]

Without reading the article I'd question if shooting someone because they might possibly be a threat to others is a good policy.
      Agreed.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Shooting someone who is running away is, in my opinion, rarely if ever justified.

Comment

Working...
        X