Snow!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow!!!

April 17th and it's been snowing here all day. Flurries, but snow nonetheless.

This blows.... It's golf season dammit!!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Pffffft... we get snow through the end of April every year. Flatlanders...
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

we get snow.....up in the mountains where it belongs
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

This is my 6th year in Binghamton, and the first where we are still getting snow this late. It is snowing pretty hard right now as I type this. Usually I'm able to take off my snow tires by April 1. Been a crazy winter. More snow days than even old timers at the university can remember.

Comment

You're all whiners. We had 23.5" over the weekend. I'm just glad the snowblower was up to the task.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

School is already cancelled for tomorrow here.

Comment

In my defense, I was born and raised in Florida. The never saw snow until I'm was 23 visiting Tennessee. This seems like Antarctica to me.

Comment

got my snow tires off yesterday. If there's another freak snowstorm y'all can blame me.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                  got my snow tires off yesterday. If there's another freak snowstorm y'all can blame me.
                  Thanks! 1-3 going on right now. 50 degrees Friday. 60's next week.

Comment

Don't worry...the calendar still thinks it's winter because it's not used to the Flyers being in the NHL playoffs. Once they get eliminated, all will be well here in Pittsburgh.

Comment

Working...
                    X