Bad choices for Esteban Loaiza.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad choices for Esteban Loaiza.

He was arrested with 44 lbs of heroin, cocaine.

The two-time All-Star finished second in American League Cy Young voting in 2003 and made $43.7 million in salary as a pro.

Just a few weeks ago, Loaiza was pressing the flesh with fans at Sox Fest in Chicago.

One of the best out of nowhere breakouts I ever landed, on the greatest fantasy team I ever assembled. Too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

The two-time All-Star finished second in American League Cy Young voting in 2003 and made $43.7 million in salary as a pro.

Just a few weeks ago, Loaiza was pressing the flesh with fans at Sox Fest in Chicago.
      To clarify, are all of these bad choices, or just the first?
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        His 2003 was pretty solid. Pedro in 3rd was better, but it was only in 186 innings instead of the 240 that Loaiza put up. Loaiza also had 21 wins and voters, especially in 2003, were drawn to the shiny wins statistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          First and third nobody out...I mean his first choice is very bad. His 3rd choice is pretty bad, but not quite as bad as the bad first choice is bad.

The second item is not bad by itself, but getting a taste of the millionaire life style may have led to the other bad choices, making it a bad choice as well.

Comment

I wonder if they're going to rip up his star on the walk of fame in Las Vegas? http://www.espn.com/mlb/news/story?id=6731069

Comment

Wow, forgot his wife was Jenni Rivera. She was killed in a plane crash in 2012.

Comment

"Former Yankees pitcher Esteban Loaiza is expected to change his plea later this week in a felony cocaine distribution case, according to a report.

Loaiza — who was arrested in February in San Diego after authorities said they found 44 pounds of cocaine in a van parked in the garage of a rented townhouse — has a “change of plea” hearing listed in Southern California US District Court on Friday, WLS-TV reports.

The Tijuana-born Loaiza, 46, initially pleaded not guilty in February. A change of plea hearing results in a defendant submitting a guilty plea in “99 percent” of all criminal cases, according to the station’s legal analyst Gil Soffer, a former federal prosecutor."
                Former Yankees pitcher Esteban Loaiza is expected to change his plea later this week in a felony cocaine distribution case, according to a report. Loaiza — who was arrested in February in San Diego…

Comment

How does one get from Point A...

... made $43.7 million in salary as a pro.
                  ... to Point B?

There has got to be a fascinating untold story here.
                  "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                  "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                  "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Forty-four pounds of heroin is expensive. I assume.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                      How does one get from Point A...

... to Point B?

There has got to be a fascinating untold story here.

Have to imagine this has something to do with it...

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Wow, forgot his wife was Jenni Rivera. She was killed in a plane crash in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        I'm trying to determine if he received anything from the estate. Not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Unless his 43.7 million dollars was also on the plane when it crashed, I still don't see why he would need to get involved in drug trafficking. Forty-four pounds of heroin is not for personal use.
                          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                            Unless his 43.7 million dollars was also on the plane when it crashed, I still don't see why he would need to get involved in drug trafficking. Forty-four pounds of heroin is not for personal use.
                            Sorry I was referring to mental state, not the economics of it.

Comment

In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

Comment

Working...
                              X