Rumors of my death...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumors of my death...

...well, were only slightly exaggerated. I guess nine straight 16-hour days over three time zones just doesn't work for my aged body anymore, after which it got rather exciting.

First off, apologies for dropping off in the middle of a mock draft. I hate it when people do that.

Second, without diving into TMI health stuff, it's been a rough ride and, thankfully, I'm pretty well back.

Third, as I dug through all the PMs, thanks much for the well-wishes and prayers. I'm going to re-read them again and then clean out my inbox.

Fourth, I'll work over the next couple weeks to put out a pitching tiers that you can whack away at, followed by year 2 of Playing Time Opportunities.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Awesome, welcome back!
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I’ve missed you! Glad you’re doing well.
      I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Good to see ya boss, hopefully you got some good wine in you to help the rehabilitation.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

wow, this is awesome!
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

He’s alive!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Second, without diving into TMI health stuff, it's been a rough ride and, thankfully, I'm pretty well back.

Comment

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Welcome back!
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  Good to see ya boss, hopefully you got some good wine in you to help the rehabilitation.
                  Not until Christmas. That was about two months sans beer and wine.

I was allowed to kill my next to last '97 Brunello di Montalcino for Christmas. That was nice!
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    He’s alive!!!

Comment

Great to see you!

Now we can get some things done!
                      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

good to hear/see you're back on your feet ... and in here
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Most excellent to see you back!

God is good!
                          "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                          - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                          - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Not until Christmas. That was about two months sans beer and wine.

I was allowed to kill my next to last '97 Brunello di Montalcino for Christmas. That was nice!
                            nice bottle, welcome back
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Huzzah!
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                              X