Rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain

Our 7-day forecast calls for rain every day of the next 7. I can't remember the last time I saw that. I feel like I've moved to Vancouver or Seattle.

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

I heard that Atlanta gets more rain than Seattle per year.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      Our 7-day forecast calls for rain every day of the next 7. I can't remember the last time I saw that. I feel like I've moved to Vancouver or Seattle or Atlanta.

fixed.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Atlanta may get more total precipitation, but in fewer days. Seattle averages precipitation on 155 days out of the year, whereas for Atlanta it is only 115 days. Several Ohio cities (hi, Scott!) are also high on the list--Youngstown 160 days, Cleveland 155 days, Akron 154 days.

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          Atlanta may get more total precipitation, but in fewer days. Seattle averages precipitation on 155 days out of the year, whereas for Atlanta it is only 115 days. Several Ohio cities (hi, Scott!) are also high on the list--Youngstown 160 days, Cleveland 155 days, Akron 154 days.

http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/.../prcpdays.html
          Thanks for clarifying. That's what I mean, just wasn't very clear. Atlanta always has problems with droughts because the land is mostly rock and doesn't absorb the water like other areas might.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Pittsburgh and Portland, Oregon, are both high on the list for major U.S. cities, at 152 days each. Detroit is at 135 days. Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo, and Syracuse check in with 171, 168, and 160, respectively.

At the other end of the spectrum are Las Vegas (26), Los Angeles (35), Phoenix (36), and San Diego (42).
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Pittsburgh and Portland, Oregon, are both high on the list for major U.S. cities, at 152 days each. Detroit is at 135 days. Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo, and Syracuse check in with 171, 168, and 160, respectively.

At the other end of the spectrum are Las Vegas (26), Los Angeles (35), Phoenix (36), and San Diego (42).
              From San Diego to Vegas-- i sense a trend
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                It has been 211 days since Albuquerque had measurable rain.
                Meanwhile, Al Alburquerque still hasn't given up a HR this season.

Comment

Can I get some pitchf/x data on how hard the rain falls please?

Comment

Originally posted by umjewboy View Post
                    Can I get some pitchf/x data on how hard the rain falls please?
                    The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain.

Comment

A ML pop up has been know to bring rain.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        A ML pop up has been know to bring rain.
                        This guy knows how to make it rain:

Comment

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Tianjin is extremely dry. We rarely get any precip here. The local gov't actually does cloud seeding and it works. A couple weeks back it rained all day and they say it was due to cloud seeding.
                              拖裤子,
                              放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Working...
                              X