Common courtesy when late or delayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common courtesy when late or delayed

The library is getting a new copier installed today. The company IT guys were to be here at 1:00 pm to install. As of 1:45 they weren't here and I received no notification of a delay from anyone with the company. I call the account manager and it goes to voice mail. I then email the account manager and she responds and says that they were delayed and she was very sorry. So I email her back that I understand delays occur, but not notifying me was unprofessional.

How would you handle it?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    How would you handle it?
    Raise the price of copies in proportion to your irritation.

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Common courtesy died a while ago. My contractor for my house can't tell us when we isn't going to show or let's us know early in the afternoon and this guy is in his 60s. Add in COMCAST (yeah those #@!%&@) around 6 years ago was to come to my house and hook us up for the triple play. I did not receive any phone call about being late to an appointment that was to be at 1pm on a Saturday. Idiot showed up at 8:20 pm while I was on the phone with customer service. He left 20 minutes later saying he couldn't do the work as he didn't have the right truck as he needed to go back up the pole to turn us on. BS. He was to reschedule and I called on Monday and he canceled our installation only. Got a couple of months free from that one.

Raise the price of copies in proportion to your irritation.

Gotta love the MLB guy keeping us grounded here.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I don't think it needs to be escalated - you pointed out the problem to her and now she needs to address it - but that is all at this point

Comment

The IT guy was very polite and professional. He apologized twice. I did email his boss to tell her that he did a very good job with the training.

But man, use the phone young man!!
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

if I'm going to be 5 mins late, I contact
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
              if I'm going to be 5 mins late, I contact
              You are professional...and respecter of time.

Comment

I think the common courtesy is very important in everyday life, maybe now more than ever. But I also think that our respective life experiences color the amount of common courtesy we come to expect.

My policy has been to extend it whenever I have the opportunity, but I do not see it as often as in the past. I see simple, personal courtesies much less than in the past. That probably makes me sound like an old codger, but there it is.
                If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

My job is appointment-based but since I’m driving in LA it can be a bit tricky. I always call if I know I’m going to be more than 15 minutes late. That doesn’t stop the client from sometimes calling me 1 minute after I’m supposed to be there.

Comment

I'll be replying to this thread in 20 to 30 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitey View Post
                      Nicely played.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitey View Post
                        Very kind of you to write and let us know. That kind of courtesy is rare these days, I've found.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                        X