Bowling 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowling 2017-18

I know that there are a few league bowlers here. I had to quit mid-season last year, but the new season started already this past Monday

210-213-226 = 649

Lanes were very good for my game.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Just wrapped up the summer league for my first league in AZ. My team took first by 2 points, but had to work to do it. I closed the season with a 205. Had high game for the league 279 (rock 10 in the 3rd frame). We have our season end tourney/sweeper this week. Winter season starts the following week.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

You guys are good!

Had trouble with my summer 3 man league. 186 ave. for 13 weeks. I couldn't carry strikes. We managed to finish 4th out of 22 teams.

Our "real" league starts first week of Sept.

I hope you both have your best seasons ever!

Comment

I had a pretty epic battle against my 4 1/2 year old son two weeks ago. He got the advantage of using the bumpers but I still edged him out 105 to 83.

Comment

Hey all!!

Had a 651 last night to get my average up to 208. I seem to start the season slower and really bowl much better in the 2nd half, so the average is acceptable for now
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

After - Taking 2 Years off - I am back bowling this year ( Fun League) When I went to bowl week 1 - I took my ball out just as I got there to find out it had a big Crack in it . House ball that week so I got to sand bag.

Went out and got a Storm - Match up and avg 179 with the new ball - better every game. ( Last game 189) Off last week so tonight see if I can improve .

Comment

Winter season has is now 3 weeks in and I am 20 pins below my normal average. Im bowling in 2 different houses which is playing with my head a bit. I also realized that in the process of helping my friend get some more hook on the ball by changing how he holds the ball, I have been changing away from what I have been doing well over the last 4 months. Time to get back to staying behind the ball and not trying to turn the ball so hard. I already get plenty of turn, so I just have to let the ball do the work.

Time to get back on the horse and quit thinking so much. See shot - throw shot.
              It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Third week of league shot a 577. 4 opens in three games. Two were splits. I just can't seem to carry strikes...yet.

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
                  After - Taking 2 Years off - I am back bowling this year ( Fun League) When I went to bowl week 1 - I took my ball out just as I got there to find out it had a big Crack in it . House ball that week so I got to sand bag.

Went out and got a Storm - Match up and avg 179 with the new ball - better every game. ( Last game 189) Off last week so tonight see if I can improve .
                  Nice to have another league bowler here! Do you have any goals as far as average or just bowling to get out and have fun? Or both!

Comment

Last night the alleys were more on the dry side and in the 1st game i stood and threw in my normal spots, but couldn't find a groove. In the 9th frame I moved way right to board 35 and threw between 3rd and 4th arrows. Voila! Threw a 230-something and a 240-something (I forget!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      Nice to have another league bowler here! Do you have any goals as far as average or just bowling to get out and have fun? Or both!
                      Mostly for fun - get out of the house ( I can walk to the Bowling Ally) - but I a pretty competitive so I always want to get better. Happy if I can get my Avg in 175 range with consistency not the wild swing games. Like my Ball action in week one ( I am not a big hooker or very hard thrower so carrying strikes is hard for me.) But am Left Handed so not a lot of Action on my side of the lane.

But this ball seemed to have a nice late snap to it that gave me more strikes once I dialed it in in week one. Tho it could all take a big shit tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        Last night the alleys were more on the dry side and in the 1st game i stood and threw in my normal spots, but couldn't find a groove. In the 9th frame I moved way right to board 35 and threw between 3rd and 4th arrows. Voila! Threw a 230-something and a 240-something (I forget!!)
                        That is a lot of crank!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          That is a lot of crank!
                          I don't throw that hard though. My ball speed is around 11.5 mph.

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                            Time to get back to staying behind the ball and not trying to turn the ball so hard. I already get plenty of turn, so I just have to let the ball do the work.

Time to get back on the horse and quit thinking so much. See shot - throw shot.
                            Last night - what a success! I opened game 1 with a 195 - missing a 10 pin and chopping the 3 off the 3, 6, 10.... Otherwise I had a 4 bagger early on and was matched up really well. I did exactly what I said I needed to do last night. STAY BEHIND THE BALL. I put enough on the ball to move it without adding a lot of extra side roll. I switched balls on my last shot in Game 1 and labeled the pocket. Game 2 continued on, I left a rock 8, a rock 9, and a flyer 10 pin. Covered all of those - bowled a perfect no tap game finished 236. Made a ball change to cut down a bit of the angle to pocket in Game 3 and had a 203.

634 series. I told myself when I got there go back to basics. So for me I was standing about the 7 board on the left side - rolling in over 17 out to about 10 and let it just come running back. Getting more forward roll stopped it from over reacting and snapping to hard. Now to continue and build on that.

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                              Last night - what a success! I opened game 1 with a 195 - missing a 10 pin and chopping the 3 off the 3, 6, 10.... Otherwise I had a 4 bagger early on and was matched up really well. I did exactly what I said I needed to do last night. STAY BEHIND THE BALL. I put enough on the ball to move it without adding a lot of extra side roll. I switched balls on my last shot in Game 1 and labeled the pocket. Game 2 continued on, I left a rock 8, a rock 9, and a flyer 10 pin. Covered all of those - bowled a perfect no tap game finished 236. Made a ball change to cut down a bit of the angle to pocket in Game 3 and had a 203.

634 series. I told myself when I got there go back to basics. So for me I was standing about the 7 board on the left side - rolling in over 17 out to about 10 and let it just come running back. Getting more forward roll stopped it from over reacting and snapping to hard. Now to continue and build on that.
                              Nice series! How many balls do you use? I would like to get a new ball, but really can't justify buying one. Especially when I would rather buy some new golf clubs

Comment

Working...
                              X