Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female Only Draft Discussion Thread

I don't even care what it is.

In honor of Mith, we could go "Well Crafted Pop Songs". I'd even go with "Favorite Songs in D Minor, the Saddest of Chords". Anything to serve as a respite from the news of the day.
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Female artist/song/album?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

There's been a lot of freshly dead rock stars since the Dead Rock Stars draft. I'd be up for a "Rock n Roll Heaven II" draft!

Comment

Count me in for one.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
          Female artist/song/album?
          I am in - and this seems like a good topic

lets find 10 people and expand it to five categories and go

maybe female artist/female led band lifetime
          female album pre 1972
          female album post 1972
          female song pre 1972
          female song post 1972

mith
          swampdragon
          redbirds
          DMT
          revo?

Comment

Other possibilities:

Cover of a male original.
            For songs, I think we could probably do pre-70, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s. Probably album too.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

I like the cover idea - keep it - but lets not make it too many categories and lets get a few more people to weigh in

Comment

Yea no rush. Sheep will probably join.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Yea no rush... .
                  Well now you can count Mith out.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Sure whatevs

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      Sure whatevs
                      Man, I already know that johnny is going to snake my picks.
                      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                        Man, I already know that johnny is going to snake my picks.
                        Do we know what were doing? Female draft will need to be quite broad I'd say.

I'm down for anything as usual.

Comment

I will play.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            Do we know what were doing? Female draft will need to be quite broad I'd say.

I'm down for anything as usual.
                            Yea, feel free to suggest categories. I proposed decades and a cover.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

What about "2000's to present" albums (damn ... that's more than 17 years!!) ... might be able to find some cool new stuff. We did a 2000's draft a long time ago ... maybe 2009/10.

The music industry is in such a mess that so much great music just slides by unnoticed.

Comment

Working...
                              X