Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kidney stones

Fahhhhhhhhk. That is all.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

I apparently am one of the few to drive himself to the ER with one

well, kind of. felt like a boa constrictor had a hold of my torso last month, so I went in.
    4 mm apparently is borderline, and this was just the "it's moving" phase.
    anti-nausea medicine was basically what I needed, and it passed about a week later without me even noticing it.

your story will be similar to a dozen I have heard at work, though.

I have a couple of smaller ones forming, I am told, and a week ago I think a small one "moved."
    urologist tells me it's not unusual if you lose 20 pounds like me #crossthread that one might be deficient in potassium, calcium, etc due to modest food intake. for that reason I am just looking to flatline the weight - any further loss is little-noticed vanity, and the downside is - you, alas.

has it passed, at least? some get a double whammy.....
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

my wife had one and she claimed it was the worst pain she had ever endured, she was on her hands and knees on the floor of the emergency room puking it was so bad.....

I was of course out of town for work when that occurred....
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        my wife had one and she claimed it was the worst pain she had ever endured, she was on her hands and knees on the floor of the emergency room puking it was so bad.....

I was of course out of town for work when that occurred....
        I too was curled up on the floor of the ER, so gross, and I puked in the room. Oh, and my wife is out of town at a conference.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
          I too was curled up on the floor of the ER, so gross, and I puked in the room. Oh, and my wife is out of town at a conference.
          sorry to hear that buddy....
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

After four days of misery and no sleep, it finally passed. Literally the second it did, I felt a euphoric rush, similar I imagine to a marathon runner crossing the finish line. I actually went a show that night (Amadou & Mariam), and then crashed for about three days.

When I met with the urologist, he had it analyzed and it came back as the most common type. He recommended cutting out soda and reducing sodium, but also taking a magnesium supplement that has been incredible. I wish I'd known about the powers of magnesium 20 years ago.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

After four days of misery and no sleep, it finally passed. Literally the second it did, I felt a euphoric rush, similar I imagine to a marathon runner crossing the finish line. I actually went a show that night (Amadou & Mariam), and then crashed for about three days.

When I met with the urologist, he had it analyzed and it came back as the most common type. He recommended cutting out soda and reducing sodium, but also taking a magnesium supplement that has been incredible. I wish I'd known about the powers of magnesium 20 years ago.
              I used to take a magnesium supplement. What mg are you taking?
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                I used to take a magnesium supplement. What mg are you taking?
                360 mg (50% mag citrate, 50% mag oxide).
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

I am fortunate to have only had gall stones. Those were bad enough. I once had ulra-sound of the kidneys for another reason. At the time I was clear.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

unfortunately now I know when one is moving, because the "boa constrictor" reappears in my mid-section.

had about an 8-hour peak of significant discomfort yesterday, and nothing I tried worked. no sense going to the ER when I know what they'll do. $1,000+ for prescription anti-nausea medicine? I'll tough it out, thanks.

but yeah, this will send me to the next phase of medical analysis this week, for sure. that damn snake is no fun.

plus now I have to wonder if this one will finally be big enough later this week for me to notice. guh
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      unfortunately now I know when one is moving, because the "boa constrictor" reappears in my mid-section.

had about an 8-hour peak of significant discomfort yesterday, and nothing I tried worked. no sense going to the ER when I know what they'll do. $1,000+ for prescription anti-nausea medicine? I'll tough it out, thanks.

but yeah, this will send me to the next phase of medical analysis this week, for sure. that damn snake is no fun.

plus now I have to wonder if this one will finally be big enough later this week for me to notice. guh
                      Dilaudid drip is worth the $1K my friend. Good luck.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

Dilaudid drip is worth the $1K my friend. Good luck.
                        sorry for the poor video quality, audio is the key to the joke here

Comment

So for about the past few weeks, I have been having some "flank pain". I decided last Monday that I had enough and went to the doctor. Mind you, I am not one who likes to see the doctor, so this was concerning to me.

Doctor ordered up the blood test, urine test and X-rays. Finished those up last Monday...everything came back normal. I'm going to tell you, when you think you know what the problem is and everything comes back normal, it is not a good feeling. Doctor says to me, "We will make sure to let you know if something nasty is going on in there."

I scheduled a CT scan for this Monday (last week was a horribly busy week). I was in the CT for less than a minute. Tech tells me, "Our doctor will look at it, and your doctor will look at it and give you the results." I missed the phone call on Monday. I called later in the afternoon and was told, "Someone will get back to you." Not gonna lie, why would you have someone answering this extension who can't tell me the results. Monday night was a long night. Finally on Tuesday, I got a call back.

I have a stone in the ureter and a small hernia. Don't need any blasting of the stone and no strainer to collect it.

While this is painful, I'm not doubled over and wasn't offered any prescription drugs...not that I would probably take them, as the pain comes and goes and isn't too intense.

I want this all over, though.
                          "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                          - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                          - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

cranberry juice and lots of water..........
                            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                            Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Kidney stones ssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccccccc cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc cccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Comment

Working...
                              X