The War on Drugs - History Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The War on Drugs - History Channel

Has anyone watched any of this docu-series?

I have watched the first couple episodes, and I have to say it confirms in me the thought that the war on drugs has been a failure and a front of sorts. Our government has been complicit in poisoning our own people not just with legal drugs, but illegal ones.

The left hand and right hand not only dont know what each are doing, but in many instances are working against each other.

Fascinating and Frustrating all at the same time.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

I've seen bits and pieces. It's good information for the uninitiated.

Sadly, there's simply no political will to take this on. The drug warriors just have to say it's about protecting the children, and that's good enough for most people who have far more pressing things in their lives to contend with.
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Its been interesting seeing operatives discussing how the would apprehend one person and some other government entity would release them.

We brought the opium epidemic to our own doorstep and are still feeling its effects.
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

It's time and passed time for legalization. Hemp ought to be as available as tobacco. The only restrictions for H and snow ought to be age and theft prevention. You should only consider restrictions when use on 2nd parties is an issue, eg rohypnol.

As for the opioid epidemic, it's not the first one. The Civil War reconstruction had one as well.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Yeah, like all wars, the WoDs is another example of government waste of tax payers money. The way it has been waged hasn't solved anything, and in many ways have made things worse.

Comment

There's really nothing new here, other than the fact that the Trump Administration seems intent on bringing it back to the front burner. Sessions was in Minneapolis yesterday speaking, and he's literally pulling false statistics right out of his ass...it's astonishing what people will do in the name of Law and Order.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              There's really nothing new here, other than the fact that the Trump Administration seems intent on bringing it back to the front burner. Sessions was in Minneapolis yesterday speaking, and he's literally pulling false statistics right out of his ass...it's astonishing what people will do in the name of Law and Order.
              figuratively... right? I mean, I hope, right?
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                figuratively... right? I mean, I hope, right?
                Lol. Such a perfect set of posts given the discussion in that other thread. Wish you'd have posted that Archer clip again this time too .

Comment

Working...
                X